Cafe MichelleP
What Are Your Favorite Cookies to Leave Out for Santa?
December 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM

6 Sensational Christmas Cookie Recipes to Make for Santa

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans

Santa BrowniesSmart kids know the way to butter up Santa Clause -- with lots of butter-filled cookies, of course. The old guy does a heck of a lot of work in one night, and needs some nourishment. So do his hard-working elves, and let me tell you that by the time that last gift is under the tree, those elves are good and exhausted and some cookies and milk (or wine) are just what they need.

They can't just be any cookies, of course, they should be cookies special enough for Santa himself. No store-bought cookies will do this time. For the big man, they need to be the work of your own hands and preferably of your own kids. You never know, they just could be the deciding factor in determining whether your go on the naughty or nice list. Here are six great Christmas cookie recipes to make for Santa Clause, starting with these amazing Santa Hat Brownie Bites.

Santa Hat Brownie Bites from Sweet Tooth

1 box brownie mix
24 small strawberries
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 1 mini-muffin pan

Prepare brownie mix according to box's instructions and fill cavities 3/4 of the way full (I had some leftover brownie mix that I just baked off as regular brownies because I didn't have enough strawberries)

Bake for 25 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean

Let brownies cool and use this time to hull and clean the strawberries

Once cool, place strawberries upside down onto brownie bites

Melt white chocolate in a double boiler and transfer into a piping bag

Pipe a ring around the base and a small dot on top -- work quickly, the white chocolate can dry fast and clog up your tip!

Here are five more great ones too:

Peanut Butter Balls

They're not exactly cookies, but they're oh so delicious.

Sugar Cookies

Just skip the Santa cutouts for his plate as that might be a little awkward eating yourself.

Corn Flakes Holiday Wreaths

I grew up eating these and haven't stopped yet. I KNOW Santa loves these.

Chocolate Gingerbread Men

Adorable and delicious, these will make the jolly guy even jollier.

No-Bake Chocolate Snickers Cookies

If you're all baked out by the time the big night hits, these are a snap to whip up lickety split.

What are your favorite cookies to leave out for Santa?

Replies