Featured Posts
kittykathall
need serious help.
December 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I'm 37+ weeks pregnant and for the last month I've been having really bad acid reflex/ heartburn. Nothing seems to help. Its to the point where it actually hurts.

I've tried Tums .. Nothing.. Gavisgon.. It helps for about 2 minutes then quits working.. Its so bad that I can't sleep cause it hurts that bad.

Can any suggest anything?

Thanks.

Replies

• Mama_Gillogley
    December 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I totally dealt with that with my son, i had to stay away from greasy food, sugary food, pretty much EVERYTHING i was craving. try to eat small meals of fruits and veggies and lean meats, if it's terrible call your doc i think that they may be able to help you out. there should be a nurse hotline- i know how miserable it is to lose sleep due to heartburn, but i honestly never found a solution. :( oh, you know what, i had to sleep sitting up to avoid being woken up by heartburn- oh the joy of pregnancy! Hang in there!

• Lyktrosa
    December 7, 2012 at 5:12 AM

have u tried alkaselzer? or even a little bit of baking soda in a cup of water?

• goddess99
    December 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I had the same problem, nothing worked for me either. 3 more weeks though and you're done.

• CorpCityGrl
    December 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Have you tried eating papayas?  I had really bad acid reflux and heartburn at the end of my pregnancy and papayas help - it's a natural antacid.

• delanna6two
    December 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I used Rolaids...check with your drs.

• LivinDeadGurl
    December 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I had it too with my youngest. I was put on a prescription.

• Sarafinn2012
    December 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM

How about aloe juice? It may take a couple days, but it will help. I took zantac while preggo, check with your doc. That will take a day or so to start working but if you take it twice a day, it really helps. If that doesn't do it, you should be able to take prilosec too. Zantac blocks one acid producer, Prilosec blocks all 3 (this is what my doc told me). Sorry mama, I've been on prescription antacids for 4 years now. If I miss a day, I'm in so much pain, so I feel ya there.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts