Featured Posts
kittykathall
need serious help.
December 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I'm 37+ weeks pregnant and for the last month I've been having really bad acid reflex/ heartburn. Nothing seems to help. Its to the point where it actually hurts.

I've tried Tums .. Nothing.. Gavisgon.. It helps for about 2 minutes then quits working.. Its so bad that I can't sleep cause it hurts that bad.

Can any suggest anything?

Thanks.

Replies

• Mama_Gillogley
    December 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I totally dealt with that with my son, i had to stay away from greasy food, sugary food, pretty much EVERYTHING i was craving. try to eat small meals of fruits and veggies and lean meats, if it's terrible call your doc i think that they may be able to help you out. there should be a nurse hotline- i know how miserable it is to lose sleep due to heartburn, but i honestly never found a solution. :( oh, you know what, i had to sleep sitting up to avoid being woken up by heartburn- oh the joy of pregnancy! Hang in there!

• Lyktrosa
    December 7, 2012 at 5:12 AM

have u tried alkaselzer? or even a little bit of baking soda in a cup of water?

• goddess99
    December 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I had the same problem, nothing worked for me either. 3 more weeks though and you're done.

• CorpCityGrl
    December 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Have you tried eating papayas?  I had really bad acid reflux and heartburn at the end of my pregnancy and papayas help - it's a natural antacid.

• delanna6two
    December 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I used Rolaids...check with your drs.

• LivinDeadGurl
    December 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I had it too with my youngest. I was put on a prescription.

• Sarafinn2012
    December 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM

How about aloe juice? It may take a couple days, but it will help. I took zantac while preggo, check with your doc. That will take a day or so to start working but if you take it twice a day, it really helps. If that doesn't do it, you should be able to take prilosec too. Zantac blocks one acid producer, Prilosec blocks all 3 (this is what my doc told me). Sorry mama, I've been on prescription antacids for 4 years now. If I miss a day, I'm in so much pain, so I feel ya there.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN