OliviasMommy611
Swimming
December 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Can your child swim? How old are they and did they have lessons?

Replies

• OliviasMommy611
    December 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    Olivia is 5 and been in lessons for 2 years. She is finally getting better! Hehe
  • MichelleMc
    December 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Yes he can. He started lessons at 4. At 8 he could do swim meets & was able to do everything fully.

• jltplk25
    December 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    He's learning....landon will be 6 here shortly. Lexi has had a few lessons and she's 2
  • OliviasMommy611
    December 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    That's great. W had our first lesson at 2 and it didn't go well, so we waited a bit longer.

Quoting jltplk25:

He's learning....landon will be 6 here shortly. Lexi has had a few lessons and she's 2
  • OliviasMommy611
    December 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Awesome!!

Quoting MichelleMc:

Yes he can. He started lessons at 4. At 8 he could do swim meets & was able to do everything fully.

• sweetmissy_05
    December 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

My 9 year old can, not my 4 and 3 year olds.

• jltplk25
    December 6, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    Dh is teaching the kiddos. Lexi has no fear of water so it's been easier with her than Landon. Dh was always gone on rotations when Landon was itty bitty and bein that I'm not a great swimmer, Landon didn't start learning until later.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

That's great. W had our first lesson at 2 and it didn't go well, so we waited a bit longer.

Quoting jltplk25:

• marchantmom06
    December 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    All ours except the 5 day old can swim. They can usually fully swim above and below the water by 15-18 months. We have pools and they are in the water from an early age.
  • luvmybug
    December 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

my dd is 8 and, yes, she can swim. no lessons. i just coached her. but we have a pool in our apartment complex, so it was easy to teach her. 

• mewebb82
    December 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yes. They are 12 and 6. My 12 yr. old isn't a very strong swimmer and took lessons for 4 summers. He's just not athletic in general. My 6 yr. old is a fish.....a natural swimmer like me (I was a competitive swimmer from age 6 through high school). No lessons for her. She just started trying to let go and swim on her own when she was 3 and I've worked with her some to learn different strokes (free and breast stroke mainly).