Featured Posts
mommaslilmen
need lunch ideas
December 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM

df works for an ambulance transport service. he's on the road the entire day and really cant stop and heat something up. The last couple days Ive been making him pbj sandwhiches, but I'm afraid thats going to get old quickly for him. He's a picky eater and fruits and veggies are a no-go for him.

Does anyone have good sack lunch ideas that wont need heated/cooled?

Replies

• Itzy0ll0tl
    December 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM

... I was ging to share with yu my lunch for today: chopped papaya, an aappl, a banana, baby carrots a yoghurt and a wheat bar..

buuut he would probably not eat it. soooo..,, you can switch between ham and cheeses sanwiches ( I add apple to the sanwiches.. they taste good) , tuna sanwiches, and pb/j.. quesadilla are good... but I dont know if they sell tortillas where you live.

chopped sausages.. are a must in DDs lunch..

I dont know-- Im more aof a fruit and veggue girl..

• mommaslilmen
    December 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM

lol thank you! I'm a very big fruit and veggie person, and thankfully so are my two boys. I'm hoping our little miss is not picky (i like having to hide my fruits and veggies from my boys)

ill try the cheese quesadillas, i always have tortillas on hand (usually for pbj roll ups for my boys)

Quoting Itzy0ll0tl:

... I was ging to share with yu my lunch for today: chopped papaya, an aappl, a banana, baby carrots a yoghurt and a wheat bar..

buuut he would probably not eat it. soooo..,, you can switch between ham and cheeses sanwiches ( I add apple to the sanwiches.. they taste good) , tuna sanwiches, and pb/j.. quesadilla are good... but I dont know if they sell tortillas where you live.

chopped sausages.. are a must in DDs lunch..

I dont know-- Im more aof a fruit and veggue girl..

• goddess99
    December 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Is there room for a small cooler for an ice pack? I was going to suggest maybe wraps/subs but the meat and cheese would get gross after a while if they weren't in a cooler. If he likes cold pizza you could pack that as leftovers. Idk fruit and veggies are a staple here, you either like them and eat them or you starve lol.

• mommaslilmen
    December 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

right now we are doing just brown bag lunches, but im going to walmart tomorrow and getting him a "manly" lunch box, since my two are too girly and the boys' two are too kiddy lol

and yea, fruits and veggies are very important for me too, thats why im stumped :( he WILL eat applesauce cups and go-gurts so im stocking up on those

Quoting goddess99:

Is there room for a small cooler for an ice pack? I was going to suggest maybe wraps/subs but the meat and cheese would get gross after a while if they weren't in a cooler. If he likes cold pizza you could pack that as leftovers. Idk fruit and veggies are a staple here, you either like them and eat them or you starve lol.

• OliviasMommy611
    December 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    Oh dang that's hard! Good luck
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Then I would just sanwiches. Lunch meat, tuna, chicken salad, turkey, etc..Put whatever else he likes in there. That will be easy for you.

• mammabear413
    December 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

what about turkey or ham sandwhiches, wraps? soup, chicken salad , 

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    December 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM
    a good thermos gives you infinite options.... you can also do hummus with pita or tortilla chips.
    invest in a good cooler and some ice packs....you can send any type of sandwich.
  • delanna6two
    December 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

tuna or chicken salad

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts