Featured Posts
kats642
Looking for Good, Cheap Digital Camera
by kats642
December 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Hi,

I have an Olympus FE-280 Point and shoot digital camera.  My husband, daughter and I recently went up north and while up there, I took some pictures outside while it was snowing.  The camera got a bit wet, but no sand in it.  It worked fine the rest of that day, but then the next day when I turned it on, it made a beeping noise and the lens seemed like it was closing, but stayed open. Also, the zoom doesn't work when taking a picture, only when looking at pictures I already took . I'm still able to take pictures, but they are a bit fuzzy.     I looked online for a fix and it said if that happens, there is probably dirt(sand?) around the lens and to blow it out with compressed air or vacuum it out.  I tried both and nothing worked.  Anyone know of anything else I could try?  It's too expensive to take it in to be fixed.  If  I can't  fix it, I will need to get a new camera, but cannot afford to spend much.  Anyone know of a  camera under $100(preferably under $50) that is good? Or maybe where I could look for a bit more expensive one that may be on clearance or closeout?  I've looked at several cameras under $100 that havegood reviews, but upon further looking, I have found negative reviews on all of them.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  Kathy

Replies

• mommykc
    by mommykc
    December 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    U can try eBay or even Craigslist.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Walmart has cheap good cameras. Go to their website.

• DN0818
    by DN0818
    December 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    Target had a really nice Cannon one on sale for $99. http://www.target.com/p/canon-sx150-14-1mp-digital-camera-with-12x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-13802261#prodSlot=large_1_1

I, myself, am more partial to Nikons. There are some nice point and shoot ones for $79 at Target also. I had one like this and loved it until my boyfriend dropped it at a concert. Lol It didn't work after that!
    http://www.target.com/p/nikon-coolpix-s3300-16mp-digital-camera-with-6x-optical-zoom-red/-/A-14022905#prodSlot=large_1_8
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN