kats642
Looking for Good, Cheap Digital Camera
by kats642
December 3, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Hi,

I have an Olympus FE-280 Point and shoot digital camera.  My husband, daughter and I recently went up north and while up there, I took some pictures outside while it was snowing.  The camera got a bit wet, but no sand in it.  It worked fine the rest of that day, but then the next day when I turned it on, it made a beeping noise and the lens seemed like it was closing, but stayed open. Also, the zoom doesn't work when taking a picture, only when looking at pictures I already took . I'm still able to take pictures, but they are a bit fuzzy.     I looked online for a fix and it said if that happens, there is probably dirt(sand?) around the lens and to blow it out with compressed air or vacuum it out.  I tried both and nothing worked.  Anyone know of anything else I could try?  It's too expensive to take it in to be fixed.  If  I can't  fix it, I will need to get a new camera, but cannot afford to spend much.  Anyone know of a  camera under $100(preferably under $50) that is good? Or maybe where I could look for a bit more expensive one that may be on clearance or closeout?  I've looked at several cameras under $100 that havegood reviews, but upon further looking, I have found negative reviews on all of them.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!  Kathy

Replies

• mommykc
    by mommykc
    December 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    U can try eBay or even Craigslist.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Walmart has cheap good cameras. Go to their website.

• DN0818
    by DN0818
    December 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    Target had a really nice Cannon one on sale for $99. http://www.target.com/p/canon-sx150-14-1mp-digital-camera-with-12x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-13802261#prodSlot=large_1_1

I, myself, am more partial to Nikons. There are some nice point and shoot ones for $79 at Target also. I had one like this and loved it until my boyfriend dropped it at a concert. Lol It didn't work after that!
    http://www.target.com/p/nikon-coolpix-s3300-16mp-digital-camera-with-6x-optical-zoom-red/-/A-14022905#prodSlot=large_1_8