Butterfly3577
Am I wrong? Is my boyfriend wrong
December 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM

My son(4years old) sometimes wake up early, like 7/730 am and he wakes me up. One night I was sleeping at my boyfriends house with my son,(he has a son too that is 4 years old too), my son went in the bedroom and was calling my boyfriend's name asking him a questio. My boyfriend didn answer and my son kept calling his name waiting for him to answer.He then screams at me saying get out of the bedroom, and I say he just wanted to ask you a question. My boyfriend says Im sleeping I want him out my son doesnt do that, Im slepping he cannot wake me up when Im sleeping. And he got my son out of the bedroom and slammed the door. I got upset and he told me to leave.H said I should teach my son better behavior not to wake anyone up at 730 am, or if he was sleeping.

Now I feel like my son didnt do anything wrong , he came nicely and was trying to talk, I feel he could have just answerd my son question and ask him to leave because he was still slepping, and lock and close the door.

He didnt have to slam the door, or yell at him.

I think I dont want to see my boyfriend again, because Im afraid he is going to keep doing it. He wants to marry me and everthing, but i dont think I can tolerate his temper sometimes.

Do you think Im overeacting? Is it normal what he did to my son?And he told us to leave the house because I got upset. I told him he dint have to scream at him, or slammed the door, he could just have answered his question. He got mad at meand asked his son to go inside of the bedroom, he told me to leave and he closed his bedroom door

Replies

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    THIS.

Run while you still can.

Quoting sleepymommy87:

I would take that as a huge red flag and be thankful I didn't marry him. Behavior like that is unacceptable and likely will only get worse after marriage.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM

She is absolutely right!

Quoting sleepymommy87:

I would take that as a huge red flag and be thankful I didn't marry him. Behavior like that is unacceptable and likely will only get worse after marriage.

• lele678
    by lele678
    December 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    Well he either just a a..hole or he is not a morning person. I'm get like that but I don't slam doors. I hate being woke up out of my sleep but I don't yell I just tell my kids give me 10 min then ask me.. So maybe its that he is not a morning person. The yelling at my child I would have to check him (put him in his place) for yellin at my son like that. My suggestion is to find a better bf since u say he has a temper and temper could mean he has abusive tendencies.
  • rory10
    by rory10
    December 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Sounds like my friend Mel and her boyfriend, tho he has no kids and it just terrible about stuff.  If he really wants to be with you then you need to sit down and tell him point blank how to interact with your son. Not every house has the same rules and maybe your son didn't notice he was still asleep. Kids need to be tought to not be rude and he was beyond that with slamming the door.

• Allebas
    by Allebas
    December 5, 2012 at 2:03 AM

WOW!!! There is NO WAY in HELL ANYONE would be treating my 4-year-old like that!!! I would NOT marry that JERK if I was you!! Imagine if he got REALLY mad, and decided to physically beat your child!! You read stories about it ALL the time, and the majority of the time, its the boyfriend beating his GF's child and the child is NOT the boyfriends bio kid in MOST instances!! I would totally dump his butt and tell him to forget you exist! He sounds like he has anger-management issues! Good luck to you OP!! I TRULY HOPE this has been a wake up call for you and that you DO dump him!! He sounds like a self-centered JERK!! There are GREAT guys out there who would treat your son way better than that IDIOT!!

• lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    December 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I don't think you are over reacting, and that would make me exit stage left immediately.

• SlapItHigh
    December 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I'd run far away from someone like that.  And in the future, please consider not bringing your son to spend the night at any boyfriend's house.  Give him the stabilty of sleeping in his home consistently.