Featured Posts
chaelynnsmommy
please help
December 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM
So my doctor decided to tell me that she can no longer be my care provider so she referred me to a hospital that is 2 hours away. i told her i dont have transportation and she says well thays something ur gonna have to figure out and that im to high risk and to much stress for her. what would you other moms do in this situation. if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appriciated.

Replies

• jesusgirl76
    December 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    I'm sorry that you have to go through this and I'm sorry that your doctor seemed to be rude to you. Could you possibly find another doctor close to you? I'll be praying for you.
  • chaelynnsmommy
    December 4, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    Im almost 35 weeks along and im dialated to a 3 already

Quoting GimmieMoKimmy:

By calling her too high risk and too stressful could be that her patient load doesn't allow her to provide the best care; however her lack of concern in making an appropriate referral shows some level of negligence.

This could've been communicated in a more respectful way. Def needs reporting. Would also help in identifying if she has a trend in passing on high risk patients.

Quoting madipayt:

How far along are you? Did she give you a reason? I would definately find someone closer and then report her. That is just heartless of the dr, esp if you are high risk.

Good Luck!

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Did she give you a reason why?

• chaelynnsmommy
    December 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    She told me i was to high risk and to much stress for her and that she couldnt sleep at night thats the reason she gave me

Quoting Janet:

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM

But she is a high risk doctor. It doesn't make sence. Was she upset with you over something?

Quoting chaelynnsmommy:

She told me i was to high risk and to much stress for her and that she couldnt sleep at night thats the reason she gave me

Quoting Janet:

• GimmieMoKimmy
    December 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    UGH!! What a terrible time to be searching for a new doctor :-(

I hope you can find someone that you feel comfortable with soon

Quoting chaelynnsmommy:

Im almost 35 weeks along and im dialated to a 3 already

Quoting GimmieMoKimmy:

By calling her too high risk and too stressful could be that her patient load doesn't allow her to provide the best care; however her lack of concern in making an appropriate referral shows some level of negligence.

This could've been communicated in a more respectful way. Def needs reporting. Would also help in identifying if she has a trend in passing on high risk patients.

Quoting madipayt:

How far along are you? Did she give you a reason? I would definately find someone closer and then report her. That is just heartless of the dr, esp if you are high risk.

Good Luck!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN