Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!
November 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Lizzys_mommy13
    November 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Might try this soon! I bet she would like to make Cinderella! lol We sat down and did some foam crafts. She made some pretty flowers and butterflies! :)

• hypnautica
    November 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    We made a turkey out of her hand by using finger paint. Trying to get something interesting for Christmas.
  • BabyBrooke13

I think this wouls be a disaster with my three as they are only 5, 4 and 2.5 . . . howver my children have been know to put on a play when we can't go outside . . . I wrap the girls in blankets (princess dresses) and we put on fun hats/crowns/bows and i put a tie on ds and we will pretend play for sometimes hours . . .

• babygomez
    My daughter might like this now. We made them a while back, but she wasn't really interested.
  • godsgirl26

Quoting JCTVCBN:

Cute idea. : )
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    November 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Oh we will do this after OB and emissions this morning. :)

• Dardenella
    November 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM

A wiggly worm with hair and sequins

• dana63
    by dana63
    November 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Great idea!!

• carole76
    November 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM

We used a paper bag, and made our puppet

• chattycassie
    November 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM

This sounds fun for the younger ones. I wish we had more ideas for the older kids and teens. Its a lot harder to keep them busy.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN