Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!
November 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• adsmith2012
    December 3, 2012 at 3:19 AM

we actually have several puppets we made my sond fav he likes to play out is toy story with buzz on one hand and woody on the other lol

• LivinBlessed
    December 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM
    We were planning on making sock puppets tomorrow, I bought the supplies today! (It's kind of a weird coincidence!;)
  • TempestRayne
    December 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    Do "ticky bugs" count? We ran away from Ricky.bugs because it has been warm outside.
  • aneela
    by aneela
    December 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM

we played with Danger Mouse and Penfold characters

by 989898
    December 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM

We used socks and did a puppet show with the characters from Obie!

• kdickens
    December 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

My son did a puppet show for his little sister starring Kitty McFitty and Super Bear and Pongo the Friendly Dragon from Oswald. It was hilarious and my daughter Olivia loved it (especially when Kitty McFitty kept falling) but Super Bear saved the day

• mommyyoga
    December 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    A monster. But, lately everything is a monster.
  • LilJenn82
    December 6, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Cute idea... we gotta try it :-)

• MrsNewman
    December 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

We made paper bag puppets. My oldest did a monster type one, and the girls did elfs

• delanna6two
    December 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM

My dd always has a game.  We play princess with her Barbies.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN