Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 4: When it’s Cold Outside, Put on a Show!
November 29, 2012 at 10:37 AM

If you're stuck indoors due to cold weather, here's one activity that's sure to keep your child occupied and entertained. (This is an art project PLUS an opportunity to play puppets all day long!) Start with a sock that's large enough to fit the child's hand comfortably. Let the child try on the puppet to see where the features should go. (The thumb will be the bottom jaw, and the other four fingers will be the rest of the face.) Then remove the sock and use markers, felt, googly eyes, fabric paint, and yarn to create the puppet. Let it dry and hold your very own puppet show!

snowgirl

What puppet character or story did your child create today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• beeluvin
    December 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

we did this the other day. my daughter and son got a sock and drew on them. our daughter made a dog, tail and all. our son made a knight and then they played with them for awhile.

• GimmieMoKimmy
    December 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    My LO recently started showing an interest in playing with dolls and stuffed animals so we practiced animal sounds and had tickle fights with them.
  • MomToTristan
    December 8, 2012 at 2:37 AM
    My daughter made a sock puppet at school just last week :-)
  • micheledo
    December 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Everything becomes a puppet in our house!  The kids were using our Nativity set to put on a show yesterday.

• ZakkarysMom
    December 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    My son loves Toy Story!

Quoting adsmith2012:

we actually have several puppets we made my sond fav he likes to play out is toy story with buzz on one hand and woody on the other lol

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts