kapeypey06
Feeling Like I am Raising my sisters kids!!!!
November 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I am so sick and tired of feeling like I am raising my sisters kids!!!!  I have two of my own my son i adhd and does not sleep at night he i 6. my niece will be 6 in dec. my daughter will be 5 in feb and my nephew is 1. I have my sisters kids Monday-Friday from 7 am to sometimes 7 pm. I get it she works full time and them on Tuesday and wed I  have them till sometimes 9 pm. I am tired and exhausted!! shes a single parent and I try so hard to help her out I also watch the neighbors kid next door shes 4.  she gets off work at 5 pm and everyday its the same thing oh I need to go do this I need to do that! well what about me??? I must have no needs my car only seats 3 kids in the back! she depends on my and I feel bad when I tell her no but she brings them over then asks me to give them baths all the time...I have 5 kids during the day can she not do that? I feed them every meal not even a thank u I get. this has been since may! I want to go get a job and have some me time but I feel so bad telling her I cant watch them anymore but shes taking advantage more and more! she told me she had to go order my niece her bday cake tonight after class at 9pm  I called they were closed!!! I am sure she was with her bf at dinner or something! my niece is constantly wanting her and my nephew calls me mommy I feel bad for them. even on the weekend when she is not working and its not her ex husbands turn with them she begs me to watch them so she can go out with her bf. every time I try to tell her no she guilt Tripp's me! I am the younger of us and I think she acts so childish sometimes but she does not see it! what should I do? I don't want to be mean! but I don't want her to walk all over me anymore either. I had no idea what group to post this in so sorry if its not right

Replies

• SlapItHigh
    November 29, 2012 at 6:09 AM

It's not mean, you need to put up some boundaries.  If it helps, remind yourself that it's best for the kids that your sister spend more time with them.  Say NO!!!  She's lying to you and using you.  I would confront her on these issues but don't fly off the handle.  Make the conversation gentle and respectful as can be.