Featured Posts
DixieFlower
Do you let your children choose?
November 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I took my son to get his haircut about a week ago. I let him pick what he wanted from the books they had there. It's nothing too wild or out there. So I was shocked when my mom asked me why I let them do that to his hair. Then when I told her I let him pick how he wanted her hair she told me "Well that's not his decission!"

Here are some pictures of him with his haircut. I didn't "spike" it like how they had at the salon but only because it was almost bedtime. However, the style is that in the top on the front it has some "spiking" going on. So what do you all think?

This is a picture of him right after he got his hair cut. Not really the best bet you can somewhat see the style a bit better.

Replies

• MistressMinerva
    November 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM

It's cute. You gave him choices that you were okay with so there is nothing wrong in letting him choose.

• goddess99
    November 29, 2012 at 7:17 PM

It's cute.

• CMay2CK
    by CMay2CK
    November 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I never had a say until I started paying for my own haircuts, and let me tell you, I HATED IT!!  My mom kept it short so it was "managable."  Well, little girls really do not like being asked if they are a boy or a girl.  (Yes, it was THAT short.)  

I think it is awesome that you let him choose.  I let my kids have input on their hair.  I may veto some styles, but I never just tell them how it will be.  

• Proud-mama-05
    November 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    My boys sport that hair cut often. My two older boys have had a mohawk at one point. Unless I'm dead set against it they can wear their hair the way they please
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    November 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM

My 18 month old hasn't even had a hair cut yet lol! But cool you let him help! : )

• DixieFlower
    November 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM

My 2 yr old hasn't had a haircut yet either. I've had his bangs trimmed but I just don't want to cut his curly locks yet. They always lose that "Baby" look when they get that first haircut. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.

Quoting Pammi86:

My 18 month old hasn't even had a hair cut yet lol! But cool you let him help! : )

• celticgodess
    November 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM

cute!  And I let DD choose anything non important (plate color for lunch, clothes, type of juice, etc)  I can see letting her choose a haircut in a few years

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    Yep, other than when my oldest asked for a mohawk which isn't allowed at school. I promised him we would this summer though. :)
  • Shelly126
    November 30, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    My boys will be 2 in a few weeks so we haven't run into the situation where they have an opinion on how they want their hair, when we bring them to the barber for a cut I just tell him to trim it and make it look neat. I would do just what you did in the future, listen to what they want and let them look through books. Unless it was so totally outrageous then I would put my foot down, but I think it's nice that children can have some sort of freedom to chose things they like and have their opinions count.
  • buzymom93
    November 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM

i think its adorable!!  i let my son choose all the time... he most often gets a fohawk.. lol

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN