Featured Posts
Angel_Red7
Is it worth it?
November 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Bagless vacuum cleaners, are they worth the investment? 

I need a new vacuum soon. I was wondering if bagless vacuum cleaners are a good investment or not. I keep reading that to replace the filters is expensive and they also cause built up dust or hair. 

If you have an opinion or experience with owning a bagless vacuum share what vacuum you own and experience related. 

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Great question! I would like to know too. Thanks for asking.

• delanna6two
    November 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM

The one I have I did not buy (2nd. hand) but it has a dust compartment that you have to empty.  I have not replaced anything on it....don't use it that often now because we pulled up most of our old carpet.

• SlapItHigh
    November 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I wouldn't get an expensive one.  We had an expensive one that everyone raves about and it was terrible. Now we have a shark and it was very inexpensive but it works perfectly!

• sweetmissy_05
    November 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Yes we love bagless vacuum cleaners!!

• Angel_Red7
    November 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Is there a certain brand you would recommend? 

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

Yes we love bagless vacuum cleaners!!

• SlightlyPerfect
    November 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I have the Dyson Animal one. I love it!

• SlightlyPerfect
    November 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM

How long have you had the Shark? I was considering one because our whole first floor is hardwood. I hear they tend to break easily after awhile.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I wouldn't get an expensive one.  We had an expensive one that everyone raves about and it was terrible. Now we have a shark and it was very inexpensive but it works perfectly!

• SlapItHigh
    November 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM

About 2 years.  Our entire first floor is hard woods too.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

How long have you had the Shark? I was considering one because our whole first floor is hardwood. I hear they tend to break easily after awhile.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

• SlightlyPerfect
    November 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM

And it's holding up nice? Works well? How much did you spend? (Sorry. Lots of questions!)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

About 2 years.  Our entire first floor is hard woods too.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

• SlapItHigh
    November 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Yes, it's holding up well.  We haven't had any problems.  I can't remember exactly how much we spent but I want to say it was around $100.  Bought at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

And it's holding up nice? Works well? How much did you spend? (Sorry. Lots of questions!)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN