Featured Posts
momofsunshine77
what would you do?
November 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

My dd is supposed to start gymnastics today at 4.  She is 3 1/2 and it would be her first day.  She always takes a nap everyday, and if she doesn't she is EXTREMELY crabby and whiney.  She will not take her nap today and I know my dd well enough to know that if she does not sleep this afternoon going to gymnastics will be a nightmare.  The class is 45 minutes away and I have to go to the store while I am there after the class.  I really dont want to take gymnastics away from her but she will just get me VERY ANGRY because she will be whiney and crabby.  What would you do?

Replies

• MistressMinerva
    November 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I would take her to her first class and see how well she does without taking a nap. She might surprise you. If she is crabby the whole time she is there you might have to adjust her nap time so that she can still take her classes in the future.

• CorpCityGrl
    November 26, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I'd take her too and see how she does.  She may even fall asleep in the car if she's that tired, but you have to give her the benefit of the doubt.  If YOUR going to be angry because she's crabby, imagine how SHE feels being overly tired.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I would take her to her first class and see how well she does without taking a nap. She might surprise you. If she is crabby the whole time she is there you might have to adjust her nap time so that she can still take her classes in the future.

• SlightlyPerfect
    November 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

She'll probably nap in the car.

• Gabby705
    November 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

45 Minutes to get there?!?! im not out of my drive way and my 4 year old is passed out....Calm down momma. it will be alright. :)

• momofsunshine77
    November 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I hope so, she doesn't always nap in the car though. 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

She'll probably nap in the car.

• DazeDelights
    November 26, 2012 at 5:45 PM
    Stop thinking about yourself and see how she acts. She may surprise you and if she acts out then you already knew it. She may adjust very well
  • goddess99
    November 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

How did it go? Did she love it?

• momofsunshine77
    November 27, 2012 at 6:02 AM

It went great.  she ended up fallling asleep and taking an hour nap before we left.  So we went and she had a great time.  Thanks!!! 

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I'm happy it went good for you. I bet she she will love it.  My DD took dance when she was little and loved it.

• QueenWisdom
    November 27, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    I agree with the others!!
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN