Featured Posts
Myruhbel
Frustrated w/ In-Laws...
November 24, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Please let me know what I can do to fix this situation I am in. I am completely frustrated w/ my in-laws. Mainly, my mother-in-law. It seems I am having to clean the entire house after them each day. (They don't exactly wash dishes nicely anymore, the entire kitchen counters become drying racks, they wash PAPER plates, Plastic cups, plastic utensils, etc.) and I already have to cook and clean up/take care of my three kids (12, 10, and 8 yrs. old) and also my 3 1/2 month old baby. I have absolutely no time to do anything for myself and am feeling so utterly depressed now. I've been unable to lose weight from this pregnancy and i'm always tired/exhausted. My husband is working but only part time due to medi-cal cutting off our health benefits if he makes anymore money. He has alot of health issues since he is a type 1 diabetic and I have been taking care of him as well after his eye surgery he just had on wednesday. But anyway I don't know what to do about his parents and their chronic hoarding of trash, and the mess they love to keep (which is teaching my children how to be messy) :*[ What can I do? Any arvice would be greatly appreciated...my thanks.

Replies

• Cher53
    by Cher53
    November 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Quoting Myruhbel:

Please let me know what I can do to fix this situation I am in. I am completely frustrated w/ my in-laws. Mainly, my mother-in-law. It seems I am having to clean the entire house after them each day. (They don't exactly wash dishes nicely anymore, the entire kitchen counters become drying racks, they wash PAPER plates, Plastic cups, plastic utensils, etc.) and I already have to cook and clean up/take care of my three kids (12, 10, and 8 yrs. old) and also my 3 1/2 month old baby. I have absolutely no time to do anything for myself and am feeling so utterly depressed now. I've been unable to lose weight from this pregnancy and I'm always tired/exhausted. My husband is working but only part time due to medi-cal cutting off our health benefits if he makes anymore money. He has alot of health issues since he is a type 1 diabetic and I have been taking care of him as well after his eye surgery he just had on Wednesday. But anyway I don't know what to do about his parents and their chronic hoarding of trash, and the mess they love to keep (which is teaching my children how to be messy) :*[ What can I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...my thanks.

Help me to understand what you mean by they cut off your health benefits. Your dh you said is a type 1 Diabetic correct? How is he supposed to take his pills and insulin? I need more carification...

• DixieFlower
    November 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting Cher53:
    Quoting Myruhbel:

Please let me know what I can do to fix this situation I am in. I am completely frustrated w/ my in-laws. Mainly, my mother-in-law. It seems I am having to clean the entire house after them each day. (They don't exactly wash dishes nicely anymore, the entire kitchen counters become drying racks, they wash PAPER plates, Plastic cups, plastic utensils, etc.) and I already have to cook and clean up/take care of my three kids (12, 10, and 8 yrs. old) and also my 3 1/2 month old baby. I have absolutely no time to do anything for myself and am feeling so utterly depressed now. I've been unable to lose weight from this pregnancy and I'm always tired/exhausted. My husband is working but only part time due to medi-cal cutting off our health benefits if he makes anymore money. He has alot of health issues since he is a type 1 diabetic and I have been taking care of him as well after his eye surgery he just had on Wednesday. But anyway I don't know what to do about his parents and their chronic hoarding of trash, and the mess they love to keep (which is teaching my children how to be messy) :*[ What can I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...my thanks.

Help me to understand what you mean by they cut off your health benefits. Your dh you said is a type 1 Diabetic correct? How is he supposed to take his pills and insulin? I need more carification...

She's saying that her husband only works part time so his medical doesn't  get cut. If he worked more than that he'd lose his medical and would have to find someway to get his medication.

• Myruhbel
    December 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    Quoting goddess99:

I would have my dh tell them to leave. If he didn't, I would.

I wish i were this easy. Unfortunately we live w/ his parents at this point in time due to the costs of living out here in San Diego. We've lived here all our lives too so dunno what to do. My husband says his mother bought him a piece of land as well as his siblings. He was thinking of doing something with it or selling it(?) so we can get our own place but dunno how all that works.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    December 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Good luck...

• lynettemommie4
    December 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

good luck is all i can say. I've been in your shoes. And I am very thankful we were able to move and leave my inlaws behind.

• Myruhbel
    December 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    Thank you all.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts