Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!
December 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• frankiesma530
    December 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM

We already did this.  She got rid of tons of stuff that wasn't in her age range anymore.

• inmybizz
    December 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

books, dolls, arts and craft stuff, blocks.

• SevenKisses
    December 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

We can't really do that right now, since we literally do this once a month and give toys to his niece and nephew that he doesn't use, and we just got rid of a bunch :)

Great idea though for kids. When he gets a bit older and understand 'charity' and etc. we will for sure be doing just that.

• kgalvano
    December 6, 2012 at 6:11 PM

we donate alot of baby dolls, clothes they have out grown, along with trucks and games systems

• OliviasMommy611
    December 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    Great reminder that I should do this.
  • LilJenn82
    December 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM

We donated to toys for tots

• MrsNewman
    December 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM

We had cars, barbies, dolls, legos .. a little bit of everything.

• Jasuzha
    by Jasuzha
    December 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    My son actually qualifies to receive free toys, so when times are better, we'll donate.
  • beeluvin
    December 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

We have been doing this in my daughter room. we painted a few walls (pink and purple) and we went through almost everything. she is donating among other things, a beautiful cloth doll with clothesgiving dad gift. clothes, shoes, baby dolls. littlest pet shop houses and pets. the boys have done this too. I do this with them often, but before Christmas we share and also make room for new gifts.

• beeluvin
    December 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Also this year we were blessed to have enough money to make up 3 shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. a wonderful program to give gifts and share the best gift to us all ever Jesus Christ, to kiteimpoverished children around the world.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN