Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!
December 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• rkkeller13
    December 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    We haven't gone thru his toys yet but we are going to soon. There are some toys from when he was a lil baby that he has out grown and there are some that he doesn't play with. So I know those will make a good donation to either a daycare center (my sister runs one out of her house) or to my churches baby room.
  • periwinkle163
    December 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Actually this one is near and dear to my heart, we routinely donate gently used items to good will, also every Christmas season we find several ways to help out. This year my dd wants to donate to toys for tots and I am donating coats and outfits to a local church group to distribute.

• kirbymom
    December 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

We actually do this every few months in our family. The kids will just say its time to give away some of their favorite toys.Then proceed to do so.  They are such good kids. :)  

• Jenn8604
    December 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM

i need to do this w my son sometime soon.

• momofsixangels
    December 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM

We give the girls toys and clothes to the salvation army all year

• bayliesmommy
    December 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    We donate pretty much all of baylie's old toys except for Barbies!!
  • Janet
    by Janet
    December 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

We go through our toys and pass them down to my younger grandchildren.

• MsBlueBelle
    December 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM

My son gave me 'permission' while clearing out his bedroom to give away several sets of Lego kits.  The railroad train and track went first.  He kept them in their original boxes, played with them, then took them apart and put each car into a Ziploc bag.  The boy up the street was beyond excited.  I am trying to get all the Star Wars and the "under the sea" ones together too.  The drum set is also leaving.  My daughter is coming back for a couple of weeks on 12/11/12 and I want her to go through her closet and bedroom for things we can cull.  This is a small house, 1,100 sq ft, it is just me, the dog and the cat.  My children have flown the coop, now they just have to take their stuff.  I never realized how much money I spent on toys, clothes, jewelry, ballet outfits, musical instruments and all other things kids seemed to want or need.  I found an original Nintendo, in its box, wrapped in a toys r us bag in my closet.  I wonder what I can do with that.  There is also a box of games.  This is the first Nintendo I bought them, it is the first version, way before any upgrades.  It is huge. 

• heidi_val
    December 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    we arw doing this on sunday :)
  • ripemango
    December 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

we go w the ones that are not longer age appropriate and that she has outgrown and not seen in a while. Things have a tendency of getting buried at the bottom of her toy box.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts