Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 10: Give the Gift of Giving!
December 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Have your children go through their entire toy inventory and designate a pile to give away to those in need. Personally work with your child to identify the charity you will donate to. The more your children give to others, the less focused they will be on what they personally receive!

rocking horse

What toy or toys did you child choose to donate?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Angel_Red7
    December 5, 2012 at 6:54 AM

We decided to purchase two gifts for the Salvation Army tree in our area. We involved our toddler in choosing the gifts and making the cards to go with the gifts. 

As a child, I didn't have the best holidays. I was taken from my parents at the age of 10 and grew up as a foster child if that says enough. So it is important that I share holiday spirit and love.

my daughter has a lot of toys. I hate to admit it but she does. We live in apartment and with new gifts for her birthday it's time to rotate so to speak. She didnt understand at first, but now she does to a small extent. She is only two. I didn't force anything but kept explaining for a few days. So far, she has decided she will donate these toys: Lego table, fisher price laugh/learn kitchen, 3 of her books, and small train. 

• WithHope
    December 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    We give things to goodwill year round. To teach about giving at the holidays we do an angel tree for a kid our kids age. It's hard to shop for what they want, but good for them to see not everyone else has all they do!
  • LivinBlessed
    December 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    My daughter gave some of her toys to our neighbors when they were sick and couldn't go out for weeks. She loved seeing the pictures of how happy it made them, and now she tries to give away something to them every chance she gets! So sweet:)
  • IncognitoOne
    December 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I do this before every Birthday and Christmas.

This year, the boys donated all but 1 each of their RC cars, their RC Ironman, some Thomas the Train stuff (track sets and 3 engines), GEO Trax, Trio Blocks, some of those Hotwheels playsets, and a bunch of clothes.

• Hottmomma607
    We haven't donate anything yet! We normally go through things a couple of times a year!
  • aneela
    by aneela

a brand new tool set for kids

• ZakkarysMom
    December 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    I will talk to my son about this today! They have so many toys that most are sitting in a box in the closet.
  • Michaelamarie84
    December 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

My son's a little young to understand this. But we will be donating some of his toys to Goodwill. He has too many toys and they're in great shape.

• MamaBear2cubs
    December 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

We bought a Barbie kite to donate this year.We have also picked 2 little ones to do Christmas for.

• robsgurl_23
    December 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

we have actually been going through my kids closets. I am having my kids pick toys that they want to keep, toys to donate and toys that are not in good condition and can't be fixed or saved go into the garbage pile. I am letting my kids pick which toys go to the donate pile..they have been very good about the donating part. They are not upset at all about giving toys away..I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we are going to be moving and it will definatly be a smaller place so we need to all need ot condense what we have. They kids helped with clothes and we donated clothes which the kids were glad to help out. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts