Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 9: Play Your Holiday Tunes LOUD!
December 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM

We love looking for ways to build key skills through play-and music play is no exception! One way to keep the magic alive throughout your holiday season is to enjoy your favorite holiday music together as a family! Play it in the car or at home for some good old-fashioned "dance party" fun. Print out the lyrics the whole family sings along together. This always puts everyone in the holiday spirit!

singing

What song did your family dance and sing to today?

(P.S. Here are some musical instrument ideas to accompany your creative play!) 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• GimmieMoKimmy
    December 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    What a challenge!! Rather than play CDs, I decided to sing some of the lil fun songs from my childhood. Been so long I hardly remember lyrics! She danced along. I'll make song books for us nxt yr when she's old enough to sing along :-D
  • AidenDsmommy
    December 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM

we made tambourines from paper plates and bells

• WesternNYmom
    December 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM

We sang and danced to Jingle Bell Rock. That is one of my favorites.  My kids and I also took turns singing carols, and dd taught us some of the songs that she learned in Chorus.

• kdickens
    December 6, 2012 at 12:27 AM

We had a blast with this one!! We played the toy flute and drums and played on the piano and played Christmas cds. we even tried to see who could name the most  Christmas songs

• Sunshine2plus2
    December 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

We sing lots of songs in the car!

• KITTYCAT1
    December 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
    My kids sang jingle bells and danced around the livingroom tonight
  • shishie
    by shishie
    December 6, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Let it snow

• LivinBlessed
    December 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    My 4yr old daughter's cheer team did a choreographed routine to Toby Mac's song, "Me without you", and everytime she hears it she starts to dance, no matter where we are! Then she taught my husband the dance, and now he'll do it if she does it, no matter where we are! Absolutely adorable!!!:)
  • SweetLuci
    December 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Santa Baby!

• mommyyoga
    December 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Xmas music was blasting.  Jingle Bells was our tune.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts