Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 9: Play Your Holiday Tunes LOUD!
December 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM

We love looking for ways to build key skills through play-and music play is no exception! One way to keep the magic alive throughout your holiday season is to enjoy your favorite holiday music together as a family! Play it in the car or at home for some good old-fashioned "dance party" fun. Print out the lyrics the whole family sings along together. This always puts everyone in the holiday spirit!

singing

What song did your family dance and sing to today?

(P.S. Here are some musical instrument ideas to accompany your creative play!) 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• 1hotmama87
    December 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM

We sing anytime we are in the car, and today we have had Christmas music playing all day so the kids have been singing along.

• carole76
    December 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Jungle bells

• Dominosmommy
    December 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I am not even participating but Mariah Carey's all I want for Christmas has been goin on non-stop since the girls came home at 3. So much that my BF came to pick me up today and was humming and singing it in the car.  Then it came on in the car and he told me how the girls had it stuck in his head because the 8th graders were singing it in school and there was a concert. I love the song anyway so I played it on my phone when I walked in. 

• NeKisha
    by NeKisha
    December 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

We have music on almost all day now that it is the Christmas season.  We love it!  My two year old will dance to anything, but my older sons are a bit more discerning ;)  I think Jingle Blells is the fav at the moment of everyone.

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    Not Christmas but my kids LOVE gangnam style lol
  • mommyto3bees
    December 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Psy

• AzariahsMother
    December 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I was just listening to Pandora and DD was dancing while I was working out.

• ZoeCY
    by ZoeCY
    December 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM

We dance and sing along with anything and everything.  We've been known to have dance parties for commercials! haha

• Sillieguze
    December 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

We always sing in the car on the way home.

• bbmema
    by bbmema
    December 4, 2012 at 8:57 PM

We like to sing Winter Wonderland, Santa Claus is coming to town, I like the Drummer Boy...of course we have to add Toy Land.