Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 8: Make a Special Homemade Gift or Card
December 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Giving a gift from the heart this holiday season doesn't have to take a lot of time, and it can really nourish your child's imagination. Today, ask your child to draw a picture, decorate a frame, write a poem or story, or create a little scrapbook-any homemade creation they'd like!  

scrapbooking

What did your child create?

(P.S. To stock-up on your Arts & Crafts collection, here are a few items we'd recommend.)  

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• MomToTristan
    December 8, 2012 at 2:44 AM
    My son, 10 this year, always likes to make something out of his Legos and give it to his sister, who's 5. It's so sweet, he's really a giving little kid :-)
  • ZakkarysMom
    December 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    Thats a good idea!

Quoting rkkeller13:

I was thinking of doing something with DS foot prints and hand prints to send to family for this Christmas. Can't afford to but them stuff, bit I think homemade is better cause it comes from the heart.

• Lcherniske
    December 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    We made.a.card by tracing my 4- yr. Olds hands and foot and letting him color and cut out to make a reindeer. We traced the baby's hand and put it upside down for a santa clause. We used glitter, puffy paint and goggly eyes to decorate. We ended up using it as a birthday card for.a friend with a dec. B-day.
  • LivinBlessed
    December 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    We make stepping stones for everyone at Christmas. Just need some of the concrete mix and pretty glass beads to decorate. The kids LOVE it!:)
  • SlapItHigh
    December 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

A scrapbook page.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts