Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 7: Spark a New Dinner Conversation
December 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM

The holidays are a wonderful time to bond as a family, and what better time than over dinner! Kick off great conversations tonight by asking each family member one question about themselves. For example: "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Or "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" You may learn a lot more than you expected!

Check out this article for five additional ways to inspire meaningful conversations with your family over dinner.

eating

What did you and your family share over dinner today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Junebugsmomma
    December 2, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    Dinner time convos at our house consist of whats going to happen the next day such as if its a school day and what activities will take place. I like for our 7 yr old son to know whats going to happen so he can prepare a little better for his day. We also talk about what ever his new toy interests are...that in itself will be enough conversation for our whole dinner time...As for our 2yr old son he likes to mimic or repeat the chatter...or he gets loud to have his voice heard...lol...
  • AzariahsMother
    December 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Tonight we won't have dinner as a family due to DD's cheer schedule, but last night we talked about Christmas and how this year flew by.  We also talked about something that will happen next year and hoping it's better then 2012.

• dommad2
    by dommad2
    December 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    I have an App that we use that prompts a new question everyday. We've found that DD wants to be a pink unicorn and DS wants to climb Everest.
  • momofsixangels
    December 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Talk about school and things

• got3boyz
    December 2, 2012 at 10:40 AM

We usually talk about what we did that day or something interesting that we might have seen while we were out.

• ahawkins
    December 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    This is what we talk about

Quoting myhandsomelove:

We usually talk about how their day was at school, what they did, played, ate at lunch. How close they are to reaching goals and everything in between, there's also some silly conversations with my 5 yr old lol
  • Junesmommy18
    December 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    Over Breakfast we talked about her princess castle and her friends molly and Bryce
  • OurFunnyFarm
    December 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    We talk daily about all kinds of things!!
  • robsgurl_23
    December 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I will do this tonight and see what my kids say.

• Lizzys_mommy13
    December 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM

We all want to go to Spain! Except our daughter... she wants to go to the North Pole and visit Santa Clause. lol

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts