Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 6: Write a Letter to a Far-Away Relative or Friend
December 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Chances are, your child can't visit everyone during the holidays, but you can help everyone stay connected by writing letters! We love the skills letter-writing can build in children, including spelling practice, storytelling, imaginative play, and more. Today, ask your child to create a letter (or draw pictures if they are still learning how to write) for one family member or friend.

writing

Tell us: Who did your child write to?

For three easy (and imaginative) activities to help your child embrace the art of writing letters, read our recent blog post.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• periwinkle163
    December 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

My kiddos will write to their cousin in New York.

• NannyElin
    December 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM

We will be coloring pictures for all of her cousins to send in christmas cards =)

• rkkeller13
    December 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    Richie is to little still to write, but I can pen a letter to my parents and have Richie color a picture for them. My parents love getting stuff from him like this.
  • MamaBear2cubs
    December 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM

The kids love to write. We will write a letter to their cousin JJ tonight

• cemcnair
    December 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    He's two and doesn't understand that concept yet...
  • othermom
    December 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

The kids like to draw pictures and write to their friends, teacher for my older daughter and family. They do it often

• AzariahsMother
    December 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

This is cool.  DD can write to my CM's Besties daughter.  Thanks for the idea.

• Junesmommy18
    December 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    We signed DD up for secret pen pals a week ago. She is writing to a 7 year old girl in North C.
  • mmtosam06
    December 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM

My dd will write to her nana

• Jenn8604
    December 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM
    That we just did last night. It was to my friend Krista.