Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 6: Write a Letter to a Far-Away Relative or Friend
December 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Chances are, your child can't visit everyone during the holidays, but you can help everyone stay connected by writing letters! We love the skills letter-writing can build in children, including spelling practice, storytelling, imaginative play, and more. Today, ask your child to create a letter (or draw pictures if they are still learning how to write) for one family member or friend.

writing

Tell us: Who did your child write to?

For three easy (and imaginative) activities to help your child embrace the art of writing letters, read our recent blog post.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• AmieLynnO
    December 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

We like to write and send letters.  We wrote a Birthday card and letter to my brother, Kurt.  He lives in New York.  We will send it off tomorrow. 

• Sillieguze
    December 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM

We're going to write a letter to my uncle

• ZakkarysMom
    December 1, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    My son is going to color a picture for his great uncle in Madison.
  • jessicasmom1
    December 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

my sister in Flordia

• bayliesmommy
    December 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    We are in Ohio and we write to my family in west Virginia!
  • kirbymom
    December 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM

My kids will write to their friends that moved away. Other than that, they probably won/t right anyone else as they do not like to write. lol  

• Angelanscalf89
    December 1, 2012 at 5:29 PM
    The kids will be drawing pictures for my 14 year old autistic cousin they never met that lives in colorado I will be sending them with the christmas card.
  • eevers55
    December 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM

We actually just did this with our holiday cards. DD not only "wrote" holiday messages to family, we also sent one to the red cross for soldiers.

• steph21078
    December 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM

They wrote letters to their cousins 

• nova.mommy
    December 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM

They both wrote to thei grandparents.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!