Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 5: Bake Something (Real OR Pretend)!
November 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Kids LOVE baking and devouring their concoctions! Today, pick something to bake with your child (and don't be afraid to make a little bit of a mess!) If your child is too young to assist in the kitchen, play with pretend cupcakes or cookies, or decorate paper "cookies" with crayons and stickers.

baking

Share with us the delicious treats you made today in the comments below.

Here are five tips for making your baking adventures special with your kids this holiday season.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Crysmaggio
    December 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    Time to make cupcakes!!
  • tconnors331
    December 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

last weekend we made flour and salt dough and did hand impressions that we baked and will be painting them this weekend. The kids loved this activity.

• Junesmommy18
    December 1, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Christmas tree brownies! Bake brownies then use christmas tree cookie cutter, decorate with icing then stick Candy Cane sticks in bottom to use as the tree trunks, :)

• Michaelamarie84
    December 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    We "bake" with Melissa and Doug cupcakes. :)
  • splatz
    by splatz
    December 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    My kiddo and I baked a bunch of stuff in her play kitchen yesterday. :)
  • nova.mommy
    December 1, 2012 at 5:48 PM

DD is sick, but when she gets better will love to do this.  She loves to "help" me cook/bake.

• sec68
    by sec68
    December 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    We made a cake and colored the frosting green and put mms to look like christmas lights.
  • amber_jean101
    December 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM

We made cake balls its messy but my kids love it!

• NeKisha
    by NeKisha
    December 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM

We made white chocolate macadamian nut cookies recently.  They were so tasty, they certainly did not last.  Next up is sugar cookies with snowflake sprinkles!

• MascaraMomma
    December 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I cut out different shape pieces of cardboard and we used white glue as frosting and real sprinkles.