Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 5: Bake Something (Real OR Pretend)!
November 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Kids LOVE baking and devouring their concoctions! Today, pick something to bake with your child (and don't be afraid to make a little bit of a mess!) If your child is too young to assist in the kitchen, play with pretend cupcakes or cookies, or decorate paper "cookies" with crayons and stickers.

baking

Share with us the delicious treats you made today in the comments below.

Here are five tips for making your baking adventures special with your kids this holiday season.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• huntersmama711
    November 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    We're making cookies today together. Sugar and chocolate chip. Yum!
  • lillucky8
    November 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    We bake weekly if not more. We do cupcakes, cakes, cookies, pies ,breads. We love baking
  • cemcnair
    November 30, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    We cook all the time together. He loves to help in the kitchen.
  • Angel_Red7
    November 30, 2012 at 9:58 AM

We back sometimes. But my daughter still does not understand that we have to cook things before we can eat them (she gets impatient). So instead we play with play doh and create foods that she can play with her pretend kitchen. 

For Christmas we will be decorating sugar cookies tho.

• AzariahsMother
    November 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Baking those yummy browines I have been wanting to for a week.  Can't wait to eat them.baking 

• sumannie
    November 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    I love this idea! This is going to be fun!
  • IncognitoOne
    November 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    It may have to wait until tomorrow, but were going to bake and decorate cookies.
  • NannyElin
    November 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM

we play with pretend food all the time. DD is a poor eater so i bought her a little kitchen with food and dishes in an attempt to encorage her to eat... she loves the play food, but not so much the real food. she will be 3 in december. a few weeks ago i did let her help me with rice crispy treats... i pulled a chair up to the stove (after turning it off and had her carefully help me pour in the cereal and stir it..... now she brings the chair over to the stove all the time and says she is gonna cook

• myhandsomelove
    November 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    My kids love making cookies, they get to pick out the cutters they want to use and also decorate them. although they end up eating the sprinkles lol. We also make donuts together. We have some cookie dough ready for today.
  • mistync
    by mistync
    November 30, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    We made home made cinn rolls yesterday:)