Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 3: Play a Silly Car Game
November 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Whether you're traveling far away, or just around the corner this holiday season, try some silly car games to keep your children entertained. For example, in the game "What Am I?" each person in the car takes a turn describing an animal, insect, or object without naming it. Then, the other family members or car companions try to guess what it is by asking questions. The "Tell a Silly Story" game involves each family member adding a silly sentence to a unique, utterly imaginative story that changes every time you tell it!

family in the van

What silly car game did your family play in the car today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• ethans_momma06
    November 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We do this ALL the time.

We especially love I spy with my little eye, whick comes with it's fair share of silliness.

• mrsrobin
    November 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    I play I spy with kiddo.
  • scarletlolita76
    November 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    I play I Spy with ds! He's 4 and he absolutely loves it!!
  • Angelanscalf89
    November 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    We havent been in the car today but when we go to my aunts house which is an hour drive for the holidays we play alot of games. My grandma will say a color and the kids (3 &5) will have to yell out whenever they see a car of that color. We will also play "spot the restraunt (sp)" whenever someone sees a rest. Fast food place or pizza place they recognize they yell it out. On thanksgiving we were being silly and yelling out EvERYTHING we saw. Even trees lol.
  • KITTYCAT1
    November 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM

My kids love spotting words on signs when we go for a drive. We start words that begin with A all the way to words that begin with Z and then start over again.

• eevers55
    November 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

My daughter is still a little too young to participate in games where she can't see us, so we usually sing songs, and she "sings" or wails from her carseat.

• amber_jean101
    November 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

We play find your color. You find anything that has your color on it and then yell out what it is.... My kids just love this! <3

• cowgirls10181
    November 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    I havent gone anywhere in the car but while waiting for the bus we sing silly songs and dance. The neighbors laugh but we dont care because its fun!
  • Desirae1394
    November 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

We love to play I Spy games and 'find me a ...' games.

• auntangelofsix
    November 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    Thanks we have not been in the car today we walk all are places since the Dh is at work.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN