Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 3: Play a Silly Car Game
November 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Whether you're traveling far away, or just around the corner this holiday season, try some silly car games to keep your children entertained. For example, in the game "What Am I?" each person in the car takes a turn describing an animal, insect, or object without naming it. Then, the other family members or car companions try to guess what it is by asking questions. The "Tell a Silly Story" game involves each family member adding a silly sentence to a unique, utterly imaginative story that changes every time you tell it!

family in the van

What silly car game did your family play in the car today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• JCTVCBN
    by JCTVCBN
    November 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM

We play this game my oldest came up with.
    It's called "I own".
  • MamaToCollin
    November 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I sing to my baby while we're in the car.

• KlingyMomma
    November 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    On the way to my daughters doctor appointment today we played "down by the bay" its a song where you pick out silly word combinations that rhyme =)
  • ZoeCY
    by ZoeCY
    November 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM

We didn't play any today but we regularly play I Spy, the alphabet game, the counting game, and a few others.  

• AzariahsMother
    November 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM

We will do the alphabet game with license plates or count how many color cars or types of cars/vans trucks we see.

• hypnautica
    November 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM

It is more of a learning game as far as helping her learn to count. We went to breakfast this morning and counted cars as they went by.

• frankiesma530
    November 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    That sounds fun. Usually my dd tries to read the street signs but this another fun car game.
  • mommieof1b4g
    November 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    This is awesome. Next time we go somewhere we will do this
  • robsgurl_23
    November 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

sometimes my kids will pretend they are in a sub and we are under water, or they are on a boat and there are waves after  them. It is pretty funny. We play i spy amd games like that. If we are going where we have been a bunch of times like the mall or just to the store I will make a list of things for the kids to be on the look out for like a street sign or a building with a certain something on it. They like those games.

• BabyBrooke13
    November 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM

we play I spy, or yellow car . . . yellow car my little cousin use to play and you get points based on what type of yello car you spot . . .

Car (sprts car or family car) - 1 pt

Beetle - 2 pts

SUV - 3 pts

Jeep - 4 pts

Hummer - 5 pts

at the end of the trip everyone totals the poits and the winner is supposed to get first choice on seats on the next drive . . . since my kids are all in car seats we don't use the points yet and everyone is still a winner . . .

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts