Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 3: Play a Silly Car Game
November 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Whether you're traveling far away, or just around the corner this holiday season, try some silly car games to keep your children entertained. For example, in the game "What Am I?" each person in the car takes a turn describing an animal, insect, or object without naming it. Then, the other family members or car companions try to guess what it is by asking questions. The "Tell a Silly Story" game involves each family member adding a silly sentence to a unique, utterly imaginative story that changes every time you tell it!

family in the van

What silly car game did your family play in the car today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• SweetLuci
    November 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I like these suggestions. I'll be trying them soon.

We do the alphabet game, where you look for the letters of the alphabet on road signs, billboards or license plates. We also like to sing along with silly songs and Ray Stevens is one of our favorites, and The Chipmonks.

• Deryni28
    November 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I'm not sure what game's we'll play now that my son is more active but we used to play the "ABC" game  where the first person through the alpha bet wins. You have to call out a word from a sign or billboard starting with the letter you are on.

• mistync
    by mistync
    November 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

we play i spy alot, and slug bug:) sometimes we will  call out different letters and the other person has to find a store/sign that starts with that letter. 

• keeckhardt
    November 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My 5 year old loves I spy. After 2 hours, it gets a little old. Then we play animal noises, the first person to see a cow,dog, ect. makes the noise. 

• kaves
    by kaves
    November 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

We just got back from a road trip and one of the games we played was spot the Christmas lights.  My son really enjoyed keeping an eye out for Christmas lights which is great when it's dark and there isn't much to look at!

• Marja2011
    November 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    We did not go anywhere
  • 1hotmama87
    November 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM

We sang Christmas carols in the car today sometimes we play 20 questions.

• Michaelamarie84
    November 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM

We sing Dora songs. Or "Dola" as my son calls her.

• MommaJesi
    November 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM

lol we probably will not go anywhere!

• SevenKisses
    November 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM

We don't actually travel often, but I don't see why he wouldn't enjoy the 'Who Am I' game! He loves games like that! Thanks!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN