Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 3: Play a Silly Car Game
November 28, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Whether you're traveling far away, or just around the corner this holiday season, try some silly car games to keep your children entertained. For example, in the game "What Am I?" each person in the car takes a turn describing an animal, insect, or object without naming it. Then, the other family members or car companions try to guess what it is by asking questions. The "Tell a Silly Story" game involves each family member adding a silly sentence to a unique, utterly imaginative story that changes every time you tell it!

family in the van

What silly car game did your family play in the car today?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Maries_Mom23
    November 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Thanks for sharing! 

The girls like to play a little thing I do where I tell them to find me a certain car.  Like, I'll say a red truck, purple car, etc.  They still like it and they're 9 and 5!  Plus, it cuts back on them picking on each other in the back seat! :)

• huntersmama711
    November 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    I try to point out colors to ds while traveling in the car.
  • IncognitoOne
    November 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We play I Spy a lot. 

• Hottmomma607
    November 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We usually count the off license plates or color of cars,slug bug&I spy! I spy is fun sense we are constantly moving! LOL

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    November 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    We sing.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    November 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM

My kids and I won't be in a vehicle today.  We'll do this tomorrow. :)

• myhandsomelove
    November 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    Lovin knows pretty much evry make and model of car, so when we are out we usually "quiz" him on what the cars next to us are....
  • dana63
    by dana63
    November 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM

We play silly games when we travel... We play what do you see in the cloud? and how many color cars do we see? We each get a different color car and see who gets the most of their color cars...

• inmybizz
    November 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM

we practice french by playing a name game.

• got3boyz
    November 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We count the number of Christmas lights that we see on our side out the car window.  

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN