Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 2: “Sort” Out Your Holiday!
November 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Starting around 18 months, toddlers begin to notice differences and commonalities between objects-which means it's time to sort and group!Today, take some of your holiday decorations, food items, or gifts, and work together to "sort" them by color, size, shape, texture, or type. For older kids, increase the complexity of the items you sort or the categories you sort them in.

simple smile

Share with us the combinations you created in the comments below.

(Tip: Sorting Cubes and Block Assortments are both great toys to help build these sorting skills.)

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Hottmomma607
    November 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    We do too!

Quoting inmybizz:

we sorted our gifts by size

• BabyBrooke13
    November 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

lets see with my 4 year old we sorted all our decorations by color before we decorated . . . his little sister and him them took turns giving me the orniment color I asked for . . .

• 02nana07
    November 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

We just finished sorting the strands of lights and checking to see which  ones work and throwing out the ones that don't

• ripemango
    November 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM

haaa, we were gonna sort the garland today anyways. score!

• MamaToCollin
    November 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Too young for sorting I think.  I can forsee ornaments in the mouth and then being thrown everywhere!

• hismrsramirez86
    November 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM

We did this last night as we were decorating our tree sorting out color bulbs and hanging them

• othermom
    November 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM

They help me sort the ornaments by type(breakable and not breakable)lol

• Kaydence2010
    November 27, 2012 at 10:32 AM

oh we do sorting everyday it seems! the other day we sorted cans and boxes of foods and when we sorted those into size. then as we put ornaments on our tree, we sorted them by colors, size, and characters :)

• MZ.B777
    by MZ.B777
    November 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM

We sort everything anyway we have all the ornaments in one box, garland in another, lights in another, and the angel and star in another, we have the outside decorations in another box and we have table decorations in another box and the boxes are all labled!!!!

• mistync
    by mistync
    November 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    My dds a little big for this one.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts