Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 2: “Sort” Out Your Holiday!
November 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Starting around 18 months, toddlers begin to notice differences and commonalities between objects-which means it's time to sort and group!Today, take some of your holiday decorations, food items, or gifts, and work together to "sort" them by color, size, shape, texture, or type. For older kids, increase the complexity of the items you sort or the categories you sort them in.

simple smile

Share with us the combinations you created in the comments below.

(Tip: Sorting Cubes and Block Assortments are both great toys to help build these sorting skills.)

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• tamidawn
    December 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    We sorted the ornaments! Homemade versus store bought! :-)
  • adsmith2012
    December 3, 2012 at 3:13 AM

my children and i do this all the time my sons pretty much got it down now but my girls are getting there they love doing this

• AnAngelsKiss
    December 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    Does it disqualify me for the prize that I don't have anything to sort and my kiddos are older?
  • aneela
    by aneela
    December 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

we sorted ornaments by color and size

by 989898
    December 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I do this with my 2 and 4 year old with mega bloks. I'll have to try it with holiday items.

• kdickens
    December 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

We sorted Christmas decorations, since we put up 2 trees we sorted them first by trees then we sorted them by color (my son loves blue so he puts all the blue ornaments on the tree) and we sorted by breakable and non breaable ornaments.

we went grocery shopping todday this was perfect. we sorted the groceries! boxes and cans, refriderrator and pantry

• mommyyoga
    December 6, 2012 at 12:30 PM

We separated the Xmas ornaments by color.

• kgalvano
    December 6, 2012 at 6:07 PM

we sort by the oldest and newest along with color and shape

• OliviasMommy611
    December 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Cool
  • MrsNewman
    December 6, 2012 at 9:45 PM

We sorted Ornaments.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups