Mom to Mom

Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!
November 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

• pinkcsmtlgy
    November 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

We've actually already done this. My oldest and I  made a wreath. We took a 12in. styrofoam wreath form, 30 strips each of 3 colored fabrics and alternating tied the fabric on the form. It is really quite pretty.

• mmtosam06
    November 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Oh cute might have to try this with my daughter

• Paigesmommy78
    November 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM

i got everything to make some gliter sownflakes 2 going to do it after nap time

• sweetmissy_05
    November 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM

We are making Salt Dough Hand ornaments with a friend today!!

• lillucky8
    November 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    We have some ideas in the works! We did hand print and footprint turkeys for thanksgiving. I want to try a handprint tree and of course paper snowflakes :)
  • cemcnair
    November 26, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    Totally making snowflakes tonight!!
  • keeckhardt
    November 26, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    We are making an advent chain today. I'm thinking we will do a qtip craft soon though.
  • lasombrs
    November 26, 2012 at 9:31 AM

We made salt dough ornaments over the weekend and are painting them today! It was a blast

• scarletlolita76
    November 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

We created candy cane ornaments today!
    For our candy canes we used red pipe cleaners and shaped them into J's and used red and white beads to make the stripes. I hot glued the tips so the beads wouldn't fall off over time. And finally we added an ornament hook to each one :)

• Vikki77
    by Vikki77
    November 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    We will be making snowflakes today. I love the wreath idea. I guess I will be making a trip to the craft store. :)

Mom to Mom

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts