Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!
November 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Thelmama
    November 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I will do this as soon as they get home from school.  I have some ideas.

• babylove041810
    November 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Quoting MaskedMomma:

we're going to paint snowmen from tp tubes

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    November 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I think we will make paper chains today! Thank you for this idea! I think it's great!

• babid14
    by babid14
    November 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    My kids are too small so they are just helping my grabbing the colored paper i will be using to make the snow flakes and snowman and a snowman family.
  • Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    November 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Last year I made little reindeer out of clothes pins, cotton balls (red for the nose) and little reindeer stickers for the head!

• Angel_Red7
    November 26, 2012 at 10:16 AM

That is such a cute idea! Did you paint the  pins a darker brown?

Quoting Pammi86:

Last year I made little reindeer out of clothes pins, cotton balls (red for the nose) and little reindeer stickers for the head!

• steph21078
    November 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM

we did this last night,  we used beads and pipe cleaners and made wreaths and candy canes. 

• jessicasmom1
    November 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I like pintrest ...we make wreathes with candy  , bows, flowers! 

• BabyBrooke13
    November 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

We are makeing paper garland with the kids this weekend actually . . . I really like the first posters wreath idea though and may be stealing that one to do as well

• la_bella_vita
    November 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM

We are making a wreath today