Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!
November 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• shishie
    by shishie
    November 30, 2012 at 1:41 AM

we are going to hang snowflakes from the celiing

• deedee3849
    November 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Getting ready to make snowflakes this weekend, glitter and all! 

• rory10
    by rory10
    November 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Fruit Loop garland since DD is only 2

• Kainalu55
    November 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM

we made snowflakes out of coffee filters!

• lapalmamama
    November 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM

We have atradition of painting ceramics each year on the Friday after thanksgiving- sure beats going shopping.  i love having all of the ornamenst on my tree.  the onw my Dad made ten years ago is amazingly intricate.  All of teh horse ones are made by my sister.  My kids make the cute ones and you can really see how much they have changed over the years.

• jessilovinglife
    November 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

An edible menorah out of a banana, pretzel sticks and a licorice stick

• AmieLynnO
    November 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

We made a wreath and decorated it with green glitter!  We also made some unique snowflakes and decorated them with white glitter.  We love bling!

• kgalvano
    November 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

we have made many decorations. snowmen, wreaths and picture frames

• tconnors331
    December 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

today we are making snowflakes to decorate the house. my four year old is so excited.

• Junesmommy18
    December 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

We made Christmas trees! We used Ice cream cones, coated them in Mint Icing and used glitter, gumdrops, m&ms and pipe cleaners to decorate!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts