Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!
November 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Angel_Red7
    November 26, 2012 at 9:45 AM

It's not necessarily a craft but my daughter loves play dough. We play with cookie cutters with the play dough. her favorite is the alphabet cookie cutters and we spell words as we cut out letters. Together this week we are going to make a new recipe of play dough: 

Kool-Aid Playdough

Materials

• 1/2 cup salt
    • 2 cups water
    • Saucepan
    • Food coloring, tempera powder, or Kool-Aid powder for color
    • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    • 2 cups sifted flour
    • 2 tablespoons alum

Directions

1. Combine salt and water in saucepan and boil until salt dissolves.
    2. Remove from heat and tint with food coloring, tempera powder, or Kool-Aid.
    3. Add oil, flour, and alum.
    4. Knead until smooth.
    5. This dough will last 2 months or longer.

• MomOf2Girlies90
    November 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

We love to do crafts =]

• myhandsomelove
    November 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    Ooh we are so making some snowflakes, i want to try the salt dough ornament thing too, off to google it lol. I'll tell you how it goes when my kiddos get home.
  • Angelanscalf89
    November 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Paper chain
  • Angel_Red7
    November 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM

How young? What about clay ortiments with their feet or hand imprints? 

Quoting nverheyn2011:

does this still count if I do everything and dd just looks on all adorable? lol I think she's still a bit too young to be doing the arts and crafts.

• VisionSeeker
    November 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I think we're going to make the frig look like a snow man.  That's really cute!

• mommyto3bees
    November 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Making a paper chain count down to XmasXmas

• Lizzys_mommy13
    November 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Glitter and Glue with some Christmas Ball ornaments! Fun and messy, but easy and it makes her happy. :)

• Bob192
    by Bob192
    November 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Paper chains, the kids love them!

• 02nana07
    November 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

we will be doing paper snowflakes for the front window will try to pst pics later

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts