Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!
November 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    November 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    We made a trip to hobby lobby yesterday and got a bunch of construction paper. We'll be making christmas link chain today.
  • Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    November 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    I'm thinking we might even make some homemade cards to send out.
  • lissa9385
    November 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

We made snowflakes :) 

• mrsrobin
    November 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    She had had croup...

We did try to do some snowflakes with colors. She colored one. Poor kid
  • CamMa
    by CamMa
    November 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    We're making salt dough ornaments soon!!
  • Liebschin
    November 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM

My 5 year old dd, almost 6, and I made a wreath out of a "wreath ring," a metal one, newspaper, craft wire, spray paint (silver for Hanukkah) and some ribbon.  It's on the front door now...I'll see if I can snap a picture of it later.

• NeKishaR
    November 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM

We have everything together to start making ornaments for our Jesse Tree.  We did it last year as well and really enjoyed it!  

• bwsmommy
    November 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Ok here is an update .. sooner than i thought i would have one !! He is my 5 yr old ds and the chain garland he made (with the help of his brothers) It was hanging on the tree but then he decided he wanted it on my windows .. so idk ..lol

• aneela
    by aneela
    November 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM

we actually made some seasonal decor items

• DixieFlower
    November 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

we made spice ornaments.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to