Cafe Kelly
Creative Play Challenge Day 1: Make Your Own Holiday Decorations!
November 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Decorating the house together is a wonderful activity, but so is the act of creating these decorations together! Arts & crafts is always a great time to share creativity, and there's no better time than the holidays! Paper snowflakes, seasonal cutouts, and paper chains in holiday colors are a few of our favorites, and can make the house look festive and special!

scrapbooking

Today, pick ONE decoration to make with your child, and tell us what you created!

(For holiday-themed arts & crafts ideas, visit our "Winter Wonderland" inspirational board on Pinterest.)

If you haven't signed up for the Creative Play Every Day Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• mysticalmalissa
    November 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

We made paper snowflakes to put on the window.

• kmjmlj
    by kmjmlj
    November 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM
    Snowflakes with qtips. Paper chains. Wreaths. Pinecone feeders. All these we did this week.
  • bergencounty
    November 27, 2012 at 11:14 PM

MADE THE MITTENS

• TonyaLea
    November 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM

We didn't make any crafts , but my 4 year old helped me decorate the house for christmas!

• mommy5912
    November 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM

we and my kids make rings that we remove every night and count down to christmas

• GirlWithANikon
    November 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    My kids are finally ready.for the good ol paper chain (colors, patterns, counting -pair with number of the day, )
  • GirlWithANikon
    November 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    My kids are finally ready.for the good ol paper chain (colors, patterns, counting -pair with number of the day, )
  • GirlWithANikon
    November 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM
    I also want to make snow flake window clings if I can ever find those directions again.
  • mommy2kaelynn
    November 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

We made Dough ornaments - my daughter's handprints, snow men (and women!), and Christmas Trees

• Bmama1
    by Bmama1
    November 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    What a cute idea!

Quoting scarletlolita76:

We created candy cane ornaments today!
    For our candy canes we used red pipe cleaners and shaped them into J's and used red and white beads to make the stripes. I hot glued the tips so the beads wouldn't fall off over time. And finally we added an ornament hook to each one :)