Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!
What would you do if say... you found $20,000? Seriously. What WOULD you do? A man in Massachusetts had such luck when he was digging through a dumpster, opened a book and wah lah, there it was! He isn't sleeping so well though because he wants to do the right thing but hasn't been able to find the rightful owner.
Check HERE for more to this story.
1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?
2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?
3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?
While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!
Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:
- A Guide to our November Giveaways on CafeMom! Win Prizes and have Fun!!
- Do you lie to your children?
- Have you ever taken your kid(s) to a parent/teacher conference?
- $20 off when you spend $100 or more on VTech toys
- Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...
We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!
November 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I would try to find the owner. If I couldn't, then I would use it to pay off my student debt.
November 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM
to be honest, I probably wouldn't turn it in. I found it in the dumpster, and actually finding the real owner would be like a needle in a haystack. I'm sure if you went to someone like "Hey! lost 20 grand?" They would all say yes.
I'm sorry but I don't know if i could do the right thing there :P
by meliscool72November 21, 2012 at 12:55 AM
well first I think it might be some ransom money so I would probably take it to the police...no one should have to suffer when trying to get their loved one back. However, if they gave me the money for myself I would actually get a car so I could get back and forth to work and then get me a place so I could have home to call my own, even if I had to rent, get a few groceries and then put the rest in savings and then keep on working and live off my checks until I needed the money for other important things
by sondamom0828November 21, 2012 at 1:26 AM
1. I would turn it into the police so they can find the rightful owner (or if it was stolen).
2. No, I would not be able to sleep at night or live with myself if I was to keep the money without first trying to find the rightful owner.
3. If I was to keep the money, I would use it for my daughter who has special needs therapy (speech, OT, PT and I would get her into equestrian riding lessons). Then, I would put some aside for when I pass away for the person taking care of her (let the money grow with interest).
Omg I would Not do the right thing... I am sorry, but I would be Ecstatic! I would move out of this crappy apt and put a down payment in for a house! Or at least buy a real Freaking car! My car Sucks... >.< And a bunch of cute clothes for dd / stock our cubbards w food!
Caramel mocha minus whipped cream please and thank you.
Honestly, I would take $5K to the side for a much needed shopping spree ( I've been working out and lost 25lbs!) and the other $15k would get split down the middle and deposited into my kids college fund.
by Chellie13November 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Pay off my student loans.
If I found $20,000 I'd report it but I wouldn't want to. lol It's the right thing to do and the last thing I want to do is break the law. IF the money came back to me I'd take an awesome vacation probably worth $4000 and the rest would pay off debt. I have to do something for myself, right? :)