Featured Posts
Cafe Beth
It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Jackpot in the Dumpster?
November 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

What would you do if say... you found $20,000? Seriously. What WOULD you do? A man in Massachusetts had such luck when he was digging through a dumpster, opened a book and wah lah, there it was! He isn't sleeping so well though because he wants to do the right thing but hasn't been able to find the rightful owner.

Check HERE for more to this story.

1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?

2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?

3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

Replies

• ChelleBoo23
    November 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    If I didn't find anything on the book connecting it to someone then I would keep it. I would pay off bills and move. Plus buy some new things.
  • ForeverInLove
    November 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I'd turn it into the authorities. It's too much money to be carrying around in order to find an owner. Who knows why it was dumped there... I just wouldnt' want to take a chance of handling stolen money.

• Kennasmomma12
    November 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Because it was in a dumpster, not in someones personal garbage can...I would check the book to see if there was any info in it. If not, I would take it. Sorry, but I've got kids and bills. lol only being honest. 

• rjsmommy214
    November 20, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I'd like to think I'd try to find the owner first. I don't think I'd lose sleep over it. If it ended up being mine I'd put it towards a house and get out of this apartment!

• workingmommy87
    November 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM

It would be mine on the spot, I don't care what anyone says. If you were careless enough to loose it, then you kinda deserve it.

I would pay off all the debt that I have and buy a car with heat.

• jeannie39
    November 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Honestly, I would be uncomfortable keeping the money without really trying to find the owner. I would look for 30/60 days, not 6 months. IMO, thats to long. If the owner hasn't claimed it by then, I'd have to think to money wasn't legitimately theirs, like they stole it, drug money or something like that. I can't see someone losing that much money and not claiming it. With it being in the news, along with it being stated of the area it was found, I would think something wasn't right.

As for what I would do with it, let me see. I don't have a lot of debt, so I would pay that off, pay bills, then after spending some on myself and family, I would save the rest.

• Jessica_Esqueda
    November 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Finders keepers! 

• raegan1221
    November 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Take it straight to the police.

• FrumpyMama
    November 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I would be going banana's waiting until it's either mine or going back to who it belonged to.  I would definately of turned it in though.  I would fix my house up finally. New Windows, New Doors, Better insalation, etc. 

• aJiG827
    by aJiG827
    November 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I would try to find the owner. If we weren't able to, I would probably donate a chunk of the money, then spend some to get things we need. Pay on some bills. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts