Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!
What would you do if say... you found $20,000? Seriously. What WOULD you do? A man in Massachusetts had such luck when he was digging through a dumpster, opened a book and wah lah, there it was! He isn't sleeping so well though because he wants to do the right thing but hasn't been able to find the rightful owner.
Check HERE for more to this story.
1. So what would you do if you found $20,000?
2. Do you think you could sleep until you found the rightful owner?
3. If that money became yours in the end how do you think you would spend it?
While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!
Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:
- A Guide to our November Giveaways on CafeMom! Win Prizes and have Fun!!
- Do you lie to your children?
- Have you ever taken your kid(s) to a parent/teacher conference?
- $20 off when you spend $100 or more on VTech toys
- Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...
We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!
I would try to find the owner. If not I would keep the money and use it to do some home repairs. We need a new 6ft. privacy fence ours has had it. Those are expensive. I can think of some other things I could do around here. New carpet is one. Shoot, I wish I found that kind of money and no one claimed it. I don't think I could sleep either.
by freshmom88November 20, 2012 at 9:19 AMFirst I would try to find the owner because I'm honest like that.
I could sleep. My life doesn't revolve around money. Would I secretly be hoping no owner showed up? Yes, but I would still want to be honest.
If I ended up keeping it I would pay down my student loans and save the rest. 20,000 isn't really much when it comes to student loans, mortgages, etc.
by Byrd15November 20, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I would honestly keep it... Pay off a few bills and put it in a savings account for my sons college.