Featured Posts
itsblissmas
EDITED - Have you ever taken your kid(s) to a parent/teacher conference?
November 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM

We have one today but couldn't get a babysitter so we have to take our 3 yo and 5 yo with us. I'm not sure it's appropriate and I'm kind of dreading it. Have you ever had to do that before?

EDIT: Thanks to some earlier replies I sent the teacher an email and she said if I thought him and his brother could play together quietly they could come. And so they went. LOL! It was cute because afterwards he came up behind me and whispered in my ear "How'd I do?". I didn't even know he realized what we were doing. He was happy to find out he's doing great!

Thanks for ALL your replies. I've loved seeing your responses. =)

Replies

• ilovemyboys84
    November 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    Yes we had to bring all 4 once
  • Sonata8
    by Sonata8
    November 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Yes. They sit and read the books while we talk.  

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM

No, not little ones. I been fortunate to get a babysitter.

• SlapItHigh
    November 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Usually, teachers will specifically request that children not attend.  Are either of the children the child for whom the conference is for?  If not, then I might if I had to in a pinch.  Usually my kid's teacher will offer a phone conference if I am unable to get childcare.

• itsblissmas
    November 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM

How did that go? Was the teacher upset?

Quoting ilovemyboys84:

Yes we had to bring all 4 once

• itsblissmas
    November 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM

They didn't specify no children. They just gave us a date and time. I've never heard of the phone conference for a parent/teacher meeting. That's interesting!

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Usually, teachers will specifically request that children not attend.  Are either of the children the child for whom the conference is for?  If not, then I might if I had to in a pinch.  Usually my kid's teacher will offer a phone conference if I am unable to get childcare.

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I have a 2nd. and a 3 grader. They want you to bring them along with you to conference for them.

• momof3jam
    November 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

We just had ours. My 5 and 10 year old had them on the same night, one after the other. I had to bring them, no big deal at all.

• mom2the.rescue
    November 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I always go alone.  Dh hasn't been to a conference in 6 yrs.  If he's not home in time, my plan is always to leave the bigger kids in the hall (I see a lot of families do this) and bring the younger ones in with a yummy treat or fun toy.

• mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    November 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    Yes. DH wanted to go as well, so we brought the laptop and DS sat in the hallway outside his classroom playing Plants vs Zombies, lol. He's in kindergarten.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN