Featured Posts
GreenEyes8707
Same Sex Marriages?
November 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Do you agree with it, or disagree?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 51% - I strongly agree
  2. 22% - I strongly disagree
  3. 7% - I am middle ways
  4. 19% - I really don't care

Replies

• OliviasMommy611
    November 25, 2012 at 6:46 AM
    Lol :) I know how bizarre. Obviously, that's not what she meant.

Quoting lilcaesarsmama:

you know what lady? you have a poor attitude towards the subject. i think your reply is the most absurd i've read in awhile. of course she doesnt mean a mother and daughter should get married.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Ok, so a mom should be able to get married to her 18 yo daughter?  Two 40 yo brothers should be able to marry each other?

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

I have no problem with it. It doesn't matter if I "agree" with it or not, consenting adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want without interference from the government.

• OliviasMommy611
    November 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    You're reaching.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Except you don't actually mean what you say. You don't think "EVERYONE" should be able to marry. You only one to redefine marriage for one special circumstance and not any others.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

No one's religion should play ANY part in determining laws. Furthermore, EVERYONE has the right to love whomever they choose AND to express such love any way that they see fit, including marriage recognized by state and federal gov't.

NO one has the right to tell anyone they can't marry, these are not meant to be debated or voted on.

• WonderWomanSV
    November 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM

To each their own.

• luvmybug
    November 25, 2012 at 7:47 AM

i agree. 

• Eve-marie
    November 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Well this is sad. If God could cry He would. You make something perfect, and then it gets all messed up. He must be angry, at the very least.

• baileymarie723
    November 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    I am all for it. I don't see how my husband and I are more important than a gay couple wanting to get married. My husband and I love each other same as a gay couple, so why should I have been allowed to marry my love, but they can't marry theirs? To me it's not fair. Love is love. They don't force being gay on me, so who am I to tell them that if they ever want to be married they HAVE to be straight? Sounds pretty fucked up to me.
  • eevers55
    November 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

• Mel0dy
    by Mel0dy
    November 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I strongly disagree

May I ask why? How does it affect you if people of the same sex want to get maried?

• SlapItHigh
    November 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM

No, I quoted posters who specifically stated that they wanted to open it up to "everyone".  Most of the pro posts gave such reasons for wanting to redefine marriage.  Yes, that's a free-for-all.  Actually, it's heretical to support same-sex marriage as a Catholic.  It's not possible to be Catholic and support same-sex marriage.  It's a mortal sin and you would not be able to receive Eucharist or any other sacraments until you go to Reconciliation and commit to changing your view.  I suggest you educate yourself on your faith -- you will need to decide if you want to go along with society's subjective morals or if you want to accept that teachings that come directly from the Holy Spirit by way of the Pope.  You will have to decide if you believe in Jesus and his statements in The Bible when he said he handed the keys to His Church to Peter, the first Pope and whatever the Pope bounds and loooses on Earth is bounded and loosed in Heaven.  I suggest you educate yourself on the entire meaning of life and what God designed -- it is utterly impossible to support this as a Christian in the fullness of the faith.  Read The Theology of the Body to understand the meaning of life and faith.  I was in support of same sex marriage pretty much my entire adult life (I'm 34) and only recently educated myself on these things and I have now opened my mind and realized how closed off I was like so many here, closed off to the Truth and instead living a meaningless life influenced by culture that is death.  If you want the truth and eternal life, you will have to follow what The Bible says which is that the pillar of truth can be found in the church -- the one true church with is the Catholic church.  Here are some links to get you started:

http://www.catholic.com/documents/gay-marriage

http://www.tfp.org/images/books/Defending_A_Higher_Law.pdf

http://www.ewtn.com/library/papaldoc/jp2tbind.htm

Quoting Shelly126:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I believe you are missing the whole point. No they don't want to open it up to anyone and everyone who would want to get married. I don't think that anyone who posted an agree wants to open marriage up to pedophiles, incest or any other ridiculous example that has been provided. Yes we are talking about one group of people, homosexual same sex marriage. If you are not talking about heterosexual marriage what else would anyone be talking about, no one opened up a topic about a come one come all marriage free for all. Just because you may not support same sex marriage doesn't mean gay couples shouldn't be allowed to legally marry, this topic has nothing to do with yours or anyone else's religious beliefs and moral value. I am catholic and heterosexual but that doesn't mean I can't support equality when it is just due, you are splitting hairs by picking apart peoples words and putting words in their mouth. I haven't heard anyone saying marriage should be changed so everyone can enter into it blindly,even children and elderly siblings, I understood quite clearly that when people are saying everyone they mean man and woman .........a man and woman, 2 men or 2 woman, no one mentioned age, or relationship. I think your distorting it to prove your point, which by the way you have not yet proven.

• SlapItHigh
    November 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

No, you are wrong.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

You're reaching.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Except you don't actually mean what you say. You don't think "EVERYONE" should be able to marry. You only one to redefine marriage for one special circumstance and not any others.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

No one's religion should play ANY part in determining laws. Furthermore, EVERYONE has the right to love whomever they choose AND to express such love any way that they see fit, including marriage recognized by state and federal gov't.

NO one has the right to tell anyone they can't marry, these are not meant to be debated or voted on.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts