Featured Posts
GreenEyes8707
Same Sex Marriages?
November 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Do you agree with it, or disagree?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 51% - I strongly agree
  2. 22% - I strongly disagree
  3. 7% - I am middle ways
  4. 19% - I really don't care

Replies

• SlapItHigh
    November 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    Of course men can still me fathers if they are infertile. That makes my point all the more valid. I think you've missed the point.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

By your logic, men can still be fathers if they are infertile. So your point is invalid.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

• DixieFlower
    November 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM

So then it would be okay for 2 women since one or both of them could become a mother?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

No that won't work. Someone could have "an intimate and close relationship" with a 3yo and you already said no to that. Contradiction there. What if someone had "an intimate and close relationship" with 10-15 people in diff states without telling the others? What a legal nightmare.

Fact is, marriage has been the union of one man and one woman since the start. Matrimony literally comes from the Latin meaning 'to make a mother' which is literally impossible for 2 men.

• Shelly126
    November 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    I agree. I also have to jump in to say I think some of the comments here are hysterical, with what about 3yr olds and what about 2 80yr old sisters and an aunt or uncle, cousins or brothers! Ridiculous. Same sex marriage is asking for the same thing as heterosexual marriage which cannot be entered into by any of the examples mentioned here. I would think it's obvious when people are saying "everyone" they don't mean that it's a free for all and we can start marrying children or close family members or goats for goodness sakes! 2 consenting men or women should be able to get married by the same laws that a consenting man and woman can. Obviously a 3yr old boy can't marry a 3yr old girl, or an elderly unmarried or widowed sister can't marry her elderly unmarried or widowed brother. Heterosexuals have laws about who can enter into a marriage, so gay couples should obviously have to abide by the same law, just instead of it being a man and woman it can either be 2 men or 2 woman.
  • SlapItHigh
    November 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    No. I'm. Lending credence to the true definition of marriage that has been recognized for centuries. Its not merely a close ad personal relationship.

Quoting DixieFlower:

So then it would be okay for 2 women since one or both of them could become a mother?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

No that won't work. Someone could have "an intimate and close relationship" with a 3yo and you already said no to that. Contradiction there. What if someone had "an intimate and close relationship" with 10-15 people in diff states without telling the others? What a legal nightmare.

Fact is, marriage has been the union of one man and one woman since the start. Matrimony literally comes from the Latin meaning 'to make a mother' which is literally impossible for 2 men.

• SlapItHigh
    November 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    Look at nearly everyone who posted pro and gave any explanation. None of them meant what they said. There are strict laws on who can marry and they don't want to open it up to everyone, they just want to change the definition of marriage and allow one very specific group to take part in something that's been recognized as impossible since the very first human.

Quoting Shelly126:

I agree. I also have to jump in to say I think some of the comments here are hysterical, with what about 3yr olds and what about 2 80yr old sisters and an aunt or uncle, cousins or brothers! Ridiculous. Same sex marriage is asking for the same thing as heterosexual marriage which cannot be entered into by any of the examples mentioned here. I would think it's obvious when people are saying "everyone" they don't mean that it's a free for all and we can start marrying children or close family members or goats for goodness sakes! 2 consenting men or women should be able to get married by the same laws that a consenting man and woman can. Obviously a 3yr old boy can't marry a 3yr old girl, or an elderly unmarried or widowed sister can't marry her elderly unmarried or widowed brother. Heterosexuals have laws about who can enter into a marriage, so gay couples should obviously have to abide by the same law, just instead of it being a man and woman it can either be 2 men or 2 woman.

• lilcaesarsmama
    November 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    you know what lady? you have a poor attitude towards the subject. i think your reply is the most absurd i've read in awhile. of course she doesnt mean a mother and daughter should get married.
    Quoting SlapItHigh:

Ok, so a mom should be able to get married to her 18 yo daughter?  Two 40 yo brothers should be able to marry each other?

Quoting Sonata8:

Yes 

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Any consenting adults?  

Quoting Sonata8:

I have no problem with it. It doesn't matter if I "agree" with it or not, consenting adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want without interference from the government.

• Jenn8604
    November 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    bump
  • Jenn8604
    November 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    good point! personally if they think gays should be allowed to marry so should anyone who wants to marry their dog, cousin, pig, or sister.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Look at nearly everyone who posted pro and gave any explanation. None of them meant what they said. There are strict laws on who can marry and they don't want to open it up to everyone, they just want to change the definition of marriage and allow one very specific group to take part in something that's been recognized as impossible since the very first human.

Quoting Shelly126:

• Shelly126
    November 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    Quoting SlapItHigh:

I believe you are missing the whole point. No they don't want to open it up to anyone and everyone who would want to get married. I don't think that anyone who posted an agree wants to open marriage up to pedophiles, incest or any other ridiculous example that has been provided. Yes we are talking about one group of people, homosexual same sex marriage. If you are not talking about heterosexual marriage what else would anyone be talking about, no one opened up a topic about a come one come all marriage free for all. Just because you may not support same sex marriage doesn't mean gay couples shouldn't be allowed to legally marry, this topic has nothing to do with yours or anyone else's religious beliefs and moral value. I am catholic and heterosexual but that doesn't mean I can't support equality when it is just due, you are splitting hairs by picking apart peoples words and putting words in their mouth. I haven't heard anyone saying marriage should be changed so everyone can enter into it blindly,even children and elderly siblings, I understood quite clearly that when people are saying everyone they mean man and woman .........a man and woman, 2 men or 2 woman, no one mentioned age, or relationship. I think your distorting it to prove your point, which by the way you have not yet proven.
  • OliviasMommy611
    November 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    Agree!

Quoting Sonata8:

I have no problem with it. It doesn't matter if I "agree" with it or not, consenting adults should be allowed to marry whoever they want without interference from the government.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN