Featured Posts
GreenEyes8707
Same Sex Marriages?
November 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Do you agree with it, or disagree?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 51% - I strongly agree
  2. 22% - I strongly disagree
  3. 7% - I am middle ways
  4. 19% - I really don't care

Replies

• Melanie420
    November 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    Dammit Janet!

Quoting Janet:

I strongly disagree.

• momto2boys1112
    November 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I dont understand why its anyone elses buisness who someone wants to marry . I just cant understand why some people are so offended by it

• SlapItHigh
    November 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM

That's incorrect.  She specifically stated that she felt "any" consenting adults should be able to marry each other.  One of the problems with the Pro-same-sex marriage camp is that they don't know what they want/believe.  I turned her comment into exactly what it was -- invalid.  Ruling over same sex marriage is ruling over moral behavior.  That is an objective fact.  Don't let society lead you to subjective morals.  There is divine natural law that has been from the beginning of time.

Quoting jeannie39:

No, it wasn't. The topic is same sex marriage, not incest. I'm sure if that would have been the topic, her reply may have been different. IDK. Turning the comment into something it wasn't meant for, IMO, is splitting hairs. Regardless of that, if the government ruled over moral behavior, this would not be a free country. I would never agree with incestuous marriage but its not my or the governments job to weight the morality of it.

• SlapItHigh
    November 20, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Good points.

Quoting hhhanna:

So, if two widowed sisters choose/need to live together to economize and help each other out, shouldn't we give that 'couple' the same rights?  My take on it is yes, but this 'new' definition of marriage has this bedroom test in it, is that fair?  What about marriages where one person is 'legally attaching' themselves to another person just for benefits (not fwb) like a foreigner 'marrying' a US citizen so that down the line, they themselves can apply for citizenship?  Right now that is illegal, and per the last of your posting, they should have the 'right' to attach themselves legally to another person.  But no, despite the fact that what is being asked is a change in the definition of marriage, you (liberals) stop at, it has to be only two people and those people have to be in love; and the way that those two are considered 'in love' is if they are sharing the same bed (or at least claim to be ... so far, no cameras in the bedroom to verify).  Why are you stopping at two people, why do they have to be 'in love' ... why?

Quoting jeannie39:

I agree. If two people choose to be together, they should have all the rights of marriage. They deserve to be protected like different sex marriages and their children deserve that same protection. Whether people agree or disagree with people being gay or not, they are still people who have the right to legally attach themselves to another person.

• jeannie39
    November 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM

We came go around on this all evening, I disagree. IMO, we are comparing apples and oranges. I'm not debating your opinion. It is your. I can not change it.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

That's incorrect.  She specifically stated that she felt "any" consenting adults should be able to marry each other.  One of the problems with the Pro-same-sex marriage camp is that they don't know what they want/believe.  I turned her comment into exactly what it was -- invalid.  Ruling over same sex marriage is ruling over moral behavior.  That is an objective fact.  Don't let society lead you to subjective morals.  There is divine natural law that has been from the beginning of time.

Quoting jeannie39:

No, it wasn't. The topic is same sex marriage, not incest. I'm sure if that would have been the topic, her reply may have been different. IDK. Turning the comment into something it wasn't meant for, IMO, is splitting hairs. Regardless of that, if the government ruled over moral behavior, this would not be a free country. I would never agree with incestuous marriage but its not my or the governments job to weight the morality of it.

• SlapItHigh
    November 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM

There's nothing to "go around".  I'm not comparing anything.  Maybe if you reread the posts you will come to understand.

Quoting jeannie39:

We came go around on this all evening, I disagree. IMO, we are comparing apples and oranges. I'm not debating your opinion. It is your. I can not change it.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Quoting jeannie39:

• Flaca43
    by Flaca43
    November 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yes.

Quoting Alysse24:

I strongly agree.  It's about equal rights for all Americans.

• kblossom20
    November 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I STRONGLY agree. They should have EVERY right we do as straight people. Love is really all that matters in life. If you're in love, you should be able to marry whomever you please. 

• GreenEyes8707
    November 20, 2012 at 11:40 PM

love is love. no matter who its with. we are born in knowing if we are gay or not. its not a curse, or the devil like most think. It just within us to know. Some love of the same sex, and I think its okay. I am bi-sexual. 

• MamaC.
    by MamaC.
    November 20, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    Support.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN