Featured Posts
GreenEyes8707
Same Sex Marriages?
November 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Do you agree with it, or disagree?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 51% - I strongly agree
  2. 22% - I strongly disagree
  3. 7% - I am middle ways
  4. 19% - I really don't care

Replies

• Queen_Bree
    November 20, 2012 at 7:52 AM

To each their own... I wish everyone the best.

• Bookwormy
    November 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    Since I'm currently illegally married to my wife, I definitely support our marriage being legalized. Other than religious reasons, which I believe are a violation of the establishment clause of the 1st Amendment, I'm not sure what reason there could be for not legalizing same sex marriage. I'm not asking for a religious marriage, so I'm not effecting others' religious freedom or asking for government establishment. If you don't believe in same-sex marriage, don't have one! All I'm asking for are equal civil human rights.
  • Bookwormy
    November 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    Since in the US the government can't establish religion based on the 1st Amendment, what legally sound reason do you have that trumps civil, equal, human rights, that has absolutely nothing to do with religion?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I strongly disagree.

• redbutterfly666
    November 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

What do you believe the definition of marriage was before that time and who defined it, in your opinion?

Quoting redbutterfly666:

marriage was redefined when the abrahamic religions changed it

there were no "rules" before those religions anyone could marry who they pleased (except royalty) it was acceptable to be bisexual also

• Megan11587
    November 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Check this video out - a different perspective 

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6846855/gay-men-will-marry-your-girlfriends

• momnwife41458
    November 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Strongly disagree.

• DiANAiVELiSSE
    November 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM

i don't care really.. if they wanna have "married people' issues on top of it go .. i say go right ahead! kiss

• SlapItHigh
    November 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

What do you believe the definition of marriage was before that time and who defined it, in your opinion?

Quoting redbutterfly666:

marriage was redefined when the abrahamic religions changed it

there were no "rules" before those religions anyone could marry who they pleased (except royalty) it was acceptable to be bisexual also

This is incorrect.  At various times (including after "abrahamic religions"), societies have tampered with marriage but that doesn't mean that there were no rules.  Basically what you are saying is that there was no definition of marriage?  It was a word with no meaning, in your opinion?

• momofours
    November 20, 2012 at 4:27 PM

The sanctity of marriage is put at more risk by 48 hour marriages, game shows touting finding your perfect mate on TV, and indescretions within the marriage itself.  It is NOT affected by my son marrying his partner and gaining equal rights that marriage affords a couple.  There are over 1,000 legal rights a married couple has over domestic partners.  If you don't like gay marriage, then don't marry a gay person, but leave them alone!  They're not coming over to your house!  group hug

• Ali5683
    by Ali5683
    November 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I'm all for it. We're all equal. You can't help who you fall in love with. Love is love!!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts