mrs.pina
At what age did your lil ones start to talk?
November 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM
My dd is 3 she started talking before she was even 1, now my ds is turning 2 in jan and he just started talking . I sometimes think that he is alil on the slow side but many tell me that it's normal ,that boy's tend to be alil behind then girl's.

Replies

• splatz
    by splatz
    November 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    My youngest didn't start consistently talking until right after she turned 2. My oldest talked very well at a little over 1. Different kiddos just concentrate on different skills.
    My youngest is a busy body. Physically she is far more advanced than her brother was at 2. He didn't have half the coordination she does. My oldest was and still is just laid back.

Kids learn things at their own pace so try not to worry! :)
  • SlapItHigh
    November 19, 2012 at 10:03 AM

My first 2 were early talkers and my third was a late talker -- all boys.  I don't have any living girls so no experience there.

• delanna6two
    November 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Each one can be different....check with your drs....hope all works out...

• mrs.pina
    November 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    Thank you:)

Quoting delanna6two:

• delanna6two
    November 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM

you're welcome:)

Quoting mrs.pina:

Thank you:)

Quoting delanna6two:

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM

He is normal. All kids are different. Girls do seem to talk earlier than boys but not always.

• DixieFlower
    November 21, 2012 at 9:42 PM

My Oldest started talking around 12 months. My youngest started at about 18 months but he has just recently really started talking and putting words to gether. He's now 25 months old. He also has a shortened upper frenulum which his pedi feels hindered his speech a bit. However, once he really started talking he has been very clear in what he says.

• USMCwife22
    November 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

My oldest DS walked at 9 mo's. and was talking around the same time. My yougest DS walked at a little over a yr and started talking around the same time.

• Bertha21
    November 22, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    My son started saying simple words by 12 months, like car, ball, mama, dada. He is now 22 months and doesn't talk well. He only puts two words together. I think it's because we are teaching two languages at once.
  • Aishamusty
    November 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM

It normal, my daughters started talking below one while my son was talking coherently at 2