itsblissmas
Board games for a 5 year old?
November 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM

What board games would you think would be great for a 5 year old? I want to buy some for my little boy for Christmas.

Right now we just have a little paper game he got when he was in the hospital once. You roll the dice, move your piece and do what it says (if anything) and he just LOVES it so I figure he'd like regular board games too.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• iknitsweatersyo
    November 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    We got our almost six year old candy land and chutes and ladders for christmas
  • itsblissmas
    November 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Thank you! Those are two games I had thought about. I looked at Target and WalMart but didn't seem either of them. Where did you find yours?

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

• leighp1
    by leighp1
    November 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

That is what I was going to say too.  Hi Ho Cherry O!!  My daughter LOVED that one. We have HeadBandz. It's fun, but not sure what the ages are on it.  But its a guessing game.  Oh and GUESS WHO...Another fun one.  Hope that helps.

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

• iknitsweatersyo
    November 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    We got em at target...$4.88 each. Also we saw a hot potato game there too that we thought would be fun

Quoting itsblissmas:

Thank you! Those are two games I had thought about. I looked at Target and WalMart but didn't seem either of them. Where did you find yours?

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

• iknitsweatersyo
    November 16, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    One more lol...he also LOVES to play go fish. He could play it for hours :)

Quoting itsblissmas:

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

• itsblissmas
    November 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Funny you mention Hi Ho Cherry O because I had thought of that one too but didn't mention it here because I couldn't think of the name! I'll have to check the other 2 out. I haven't heard of them. Thanks!

Quoting leighp1:

That is what I was going to say too.  Hi Ho Cherry O!!  My daughter LOVED that one. We have HeadBandz. It's fun, but not sure what the ages are on it.  But its a guessing game.  Oh and GUESS WHO...Another fun one.  Hope that helps.

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

• itsblissmas
    November 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Ohhhhhh! I bet he would LOVE Go Fish!

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

One more lol...he also LOVES to play go fish. He could play it for hours :)

Quoting itsblissmas:

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

• goddess99
    November 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Chutes and Ladders.

Clue Jr.

• goddess99
    November 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Oh I LOVED Hi Ho Cherry O when I was little. and Guess Who is a fav in this house, great game.

Quoting leighp1:

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

• SlapItHigh
    November 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Mine loves Quarkle Cubes.