MistressMinerva
Sadie Hawkins Day November 15th, 2012
November 15, 2012 at 2:34 PM

This tradition of girls asking out boys actually has its origins in the Lil' Abner comic series which ran from 1934 -1977. By the early 1940s, this flip flopped dating trend had swept the nation and it's still wracking the nerves of young men and women everywhere.

Replies

• goddess99
    November 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM

When I went to school we always had a Sadie Hawkins dance. It was fun.

• MistressMinerva
    November 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I don't recall one at mine.

• Janet
    by Janet
    November 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I never heard of it until now.

• Ginnygurl97
    November 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    I used to love our Sadie Hawkins dances! The boy I was dating, went to a different school far away, so I'd always go w my best friend Mikey. Our was a casual dress alike though. Back when flannels were all the rage...... Yeah I'm a product of the "grunge era". We'd get matching shirts and wear jeans. And he had long hair too. (Told ya grunge lol) and we'd match that too! It was so much fun. A few months ago actually he was moving some old stuff out of his parents and found some of our old pictures. I'll have to see if I can get them from my email to here. I'm only mobile so I'm not sure.

Quoting goddess99:

• goddess99
    November 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM

It's always fun to look at old school pics.

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I used to love our Sadie Hawkins dances! The boy I was dating, went to a different school far away, so I'd always go w my best friend Mikey. Our was a casual dress alike though. Back when flannels were all the rage...... Yeah I'm a product of the "grunge era". We'd get matching shirts and wear jeans. And he had long hair too. (Told ya grunge lol) and we'd match that too! It was so much fun. A few months ago actually he was moving some old stuff out of his parents and found some of our old pictures. I'll have to see if I can get them from my email to here. I'm only mobile so I'm not sure.

Quoting goddess99:

• snuggiewoogie
    November 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Cool :)

• SlapItHigh
    November 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I never knew that.

• delanna6two
    November 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Happy Belated Sadie Hawkins Day!