softballmom86
6 months of trying...
November 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I cant seem to figure out the problem. I have a 6 yr old so I know we can conceive. I'm 26 so I know I didn't miss my window... suggestions anyone???

Replies

• DixieFlower
    November 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Are you just using an ovulation chart or are you charting your fertility signs? Ovulation can vary cycle to cycle. So the best indicator of ovulation pending is your cervical mucus and the position of your cervix. I'd reccomend reading "Taking charge of your fertility". Also it can take a healthy couple up to 12 months to conceive. Each month there is about a 10% chance of conception.

Quoting softballmom86:

I just started using a ovulation chart in October. Following the guidelines of every 48 hrs. I just bought my hubby boxers and hid his briefs. So bc for 3 months and then take yourself off to begin ttc? I'll talk to my gyno. Thanks!

• SlapItHigh
    November 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I have no idea but I hope you get answers soon.

• jltplk25
    November 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    No one knows for sure what happened that caused her to not be able to get pregnant again but dad said she developed an infection after giving birth. When she was in her mid-30's she had to have a hysterectomy due to fibroid tumors.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

My worst fear.

Quoting jltplk25:

My mom had me at 20 but was never able to have any other children. I would talk to the doctor to make sure everything is ticking as it should be.
  • OliviasMommy611
    November 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    I'm Sorry!

Quoting jltplk25:

No one knows for sure what happened that caused her to not be able to get pregnant again but dad said she developed an infection after giving birth. When she was in her mid-30's she had to have a hysterectomy due to fibroid tumors.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

My worst fear.

Quoting jltplk25:

My mom had me at 20 but was never able to have any other children. I would talk to the doctor to make sure everything is ticking as it should be.
  • OliviasMommy611
    November 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    I'm Sorry!

Quoting jltplk25:

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

My worst fear.

Quoting jltplk25:

• delanna6two
    November 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hugs...hope it will happen soon...

• softballmom86
    November 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    Thanks :) I'll have to get that. I am just using an app on my phone that is supposed track your ovulation. I guess a phone app isn't the most efficient way to go lol

Quoting DixieFlower:

Are you just using an ovulation chart or are you charting your fertility signs? Ovulation can vary cycle to cycle. So the best indicator of ovulation pending is your cervical mucus and the position of your cervix. I'd reccomend reading "Taking charge of your fertility". Also it can take a healthy couple up to 12 months to conceive. Each month there is about a 10% chance of conception.

Quoting softballmom86:

I just started using a ovulation chart in October. Following the guidelines of every 48 hrs. I just bought my hubby boxers and hid his briefs. So bc for 3 months and then take yourself off to begin ttc? I'll talk to my gyno. Thanks!

• iknitsweatersyo
    November 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    It took us a couple years to get pregnant again after we had our first. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me. I finally got pregnant but had two miscarriages :( we tried again a couple of months after the second mc and got pregnant right away. I have two wonderful boys now :) it might take some time but dont give up. It will happen when its time :)
  • EmmaZate
    November 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    Give up! I am 8 weeks preggo right now and it took me almost a year to get here. Relax and quit stressing it.
  • DixieFlower
    November 16, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Yeah I have found that for me the phone apps aren't always that accurate for ovulation. However, they are a good start. I use one that has me put my fertility signs as well as my period.

Quoting softballmom86:

Thanks :) I'll have to get that. I am just using an app on my phone that is supposed track your ovulation. I guess a phone app isn't the most efficient way to go lol

Quoting DixieFlower:

Quoting softballmom86: